Empreinte Key Pouch cracking Help!

2 stars

May 15, 2014
While in the car I was inspecting my empreinte key pouch and noticed some cracking. This is my only LV piece so I don't have an SA. The nearest LV store is roughly 45 mins away. Date code 41st week of 2015. What should I do? Is this something LV can fix?

Attachments

• IMG_4929.JPG
    IMG_4929.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_4930.JPG
    IMG_4930.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 502
Unfortunately this happens with pieces that have glazing. Happened to my Emilie wallet too. If you've only had it a few months they may replace it for free once, but it will happen again.
You will most likely have to pay for it to be done if you've had it for awhile.

LV can definitely fix the glazing. I had the empreinte secret zippy wallet a few years ago and it opened 180 degrees. I sold it when I heard reviews that the opening and closing of it made the corners crack. Then, they discontinued it. Instead, I bought the empreinte zippy with the compartments that opens accordion style. Love it. I have an empreinte curieuse wallet that has thick glazing and opens wide so I use it much less than my zippy. Unfortunately, with glazing, this is a common problem. But it's one that LV will always be able to fix for you :smile:. I attempted to buy the empreinte key pouch three times and all three times they had very very messed up hardware. I'm talking jagged zipper pulls and gold chipped off. I don't know if I was shipped store displays or it was a case of quality control back to back to back, but I got a chanel slg instead and now stay away from the LV items with the thicker glazing- now that I've learned the hard way. Glazing is not my friend haha.