EMERSON..WHAT DO YOU THINK?

The Emerson Brynn was offered for sale on QVC this weekend. The leather appears very soft and light weight. The price was $298, the same as Dooney's retail siteView attachment 3980636
Thanks. I have the show recorded. I have to go back and find that segment and see what Sue said about the inside and the leather. I fell asleep and missed that bag when I watched the recording last night.

Reactions: DooneyDog
Thanks. I have the show recorded. I have to go back and find that segment and see what Sue said about the inside and the leather. I fell asleep and missed that bag when I watched the recording last night.
They said the leather was soft. They might have used the word 'elegant' but no other description as to the quality, weather resistance or scratch likelihood..Oh, they said it was 'light weight'

Just back from Dillards where I felt up :biggrin: an Emerson Shannon tote, The leather is softer than the Alto bags but I wouldn't describe it as mushy. Definitely pliable. It does seem to scratch easily, but as with the Florentine rubs our pretty easily as well. I am still unsure if I will buy one of these. It is a pretty bag, but I hate to baby a bag, and the scratchy thing would bother me. The fastener is very nice and slides in and out easily.

The interior of the tan color has an orange trim. They also had a navy/blue color and the interior of this was a blue color.

Just back from Dillards where I felt up :biggrin: an Emerson Shannon tote, The leather is softer than the Alto bags but I wouldn't describe it as mushy. Definitely pliable. It does seem to scratch easily, but as with the Florentine rubs our pretty easily as well. I am still unsure if I will buy one of these. It is a pretty bag, but I hate to baby a bag, and the scratchy thing would bother me. The fastener is very nice and slides in and out easily.

The interior of the tan color has an orange trim. They also had a navy/blue color and the interior of this was a blue color.
Was the interior unlined raw leather?

Reactions: Doggie Bag
Just noticing that there are many more Emerson styles listed on the Dooney site today, no pictures for some yet. Also three different Brynn sizes and many additional colors ( also with NO previews yet) Including WINE color. I am officially intrigued :smile:

Just noticing that there are many more Emerson styles listed on the Dooney site today, no pictures for some yet. Also three different Brynn sizes and many additional colors ( also with NO previews yet) Including WINE color. I am officially intrigued :smile:
Wine? I’m in! I have two Emerson bags and absolutely LOVE them. Thinking about a Caribbean Blue and a Black - just not sure which style. I am heading to Dooney.com now to check out the new. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, there was a review on the Q that said the Emerson leather reminded her of a floating inner tube. It makes me laugh. I picture someone floating in a pool on a giant expensive leather tube...with beautiful polished brass handles of course.