EMERGENCY: Offered a Birkin in Graphite

If you have doubts: don´t take it. It is too much money to spend on a bag you just like. Jmho.

+1 (unless this is small change for you, then just get everything 😁👍)

also, it depends on your store and if there is a limit every 6months or a year on the number of bags they want to offer you. So if you take this and you still want a black bag with sliver hardware, it might set you back at least another 6months (check with your SA)

This color is pretty and pretty interesting. I love black, but graphite-you mean plomb, right?-is a great neutral as well. I actually find the plomb with GHW more lively than plomb with PHW. I used to think I was a PHW kind a gal, but I actually love GHW more now. Go see it in person before you say no!

Based on my own observations, gold hardware warms colors in general.
So, H grays always appear to have a brown undertone when paired with GHW.
Even etain, the coldest H gray, can appear brownish with GHW.
This is the reason I prefer etain/taupe/etoupe/etc. with PHW.
Therefore, if you don't want a putty/brownish/muddy color, avoid GHW.

i have both black and graphite. i LOVE my graphite more than my black because it is a great neutral color. graphite is a very dark grey...under certain lighting, it looks quite black to me. of cos, under sunlight, you can see the grey in it. good luck in your decision. (ps...if i were you, grab it...GHW makes the graphite less 'cold'....)

This color is pretty and pretty interesting. I love black, but graphite-you mean plomb, right?-is a great neutral as well. I actually find the plomb with GHW more lively than plomb with PHW. I used to think I was a PHW kind a gal, but I actually love GHW more now. Go see it in person before you say no!

Plomb is not Graphite.

Back to Op's question...Black PHW is different from Graphite GHW. I have both in PHW, K32 Graphite and B35 Black. If you are set on a Black PHW AND is a very patient person who has great discipline/resistance then I suggest you continue to wait. However, personally, I would take up the offer and enjoy the bag 1st since I have no patience at all :P

Hi Everyone:

My SA has presented me with a B35 in GRAPHITE with gold hardware. He said I have 24 hours to decide. I'm totally tortured because I had my heart set on a darker color with silver hardware but I was finally offered this after almost a year of waiting.

I looked online and I can't tell the exact shade of the picture. I'm scared the color will be putty. I'm desperately hoping someone can post a picture of their Graphite Birkin next to Black Birkin or Black Jeans. Can someone save the day????

What a lovely SA! Have you decided? Happy to hear graphite is popping up again... Love the color! Can you go take a look and decide? The colors in photos might appear different.... Let us know!

Plomb is not Graphite.

Back to Op's question...Black PHW is different from Graphite GHW. I have both in PHW, K32 Graphite and B35 Black. If you are set on a Black PHW AND is a very patient person who has great discipline/resistance then I suggest you continue to wait. However, personally, I would take up the offer and enjoy the bag 1st since I have no patience at all :P

So many colors! What is the difference between plomb vs graphite? Anyone?

OP-please keep us updated on what you decide!

So many colors! What is the difference between plomb vs graphite? Anyone?

OP-please keep us updated on what you decide!

Plomb is almost black, vvv close to black... Graphite is "lighter" by comparison, it is a true gray and is alot more interesting imo... Not great at describing colors :P others can chime in?

Plomb is almost black, vvv close to black... Graphite is "lighter" by comparison, it is a true gray and is alot more interesting imo... Not great at describing colors :P others can chime in?

Thank you Gnippohs!

OP-I have seen Plomb and not Graphite. Plomb is very close to black!! Good luck deciding. Some of the pictures on this thread look like Plomb... So I have to say the graphite is just as pretty!

I agree with everyone else go take a look and if your heart skips a beat take it. If not buy a twilly or something small a Clic H with PHW and say thank you for thinking of me though this is a beautiful Birkin and I appreciate you offering to me I will have to decline and wait for my hearts desire Black with PHW or Graphite with PHW.
I've notice usually when I've declined they respect me more and usually in a week or less what I want appears! Good luck! N congrats on the offer!