Elsa Peretti Bottles - Mini vs. Small - Help!

emchhardy

O.G.
Feb 12, 2013
I'm completely obsessed with the Elsa Peretti bottle collection lately. I'm debating between these four. I don't live near a store (otherwise I would go in and compare/contrast) so any guidance on these would be great.

Mini sizes (on 18" inch chains):
Square
Round

Small size (on 24" inch chains):
Square
Round
Jug

Note: I'm not sure if I can rock the 24" (I'm petite in height but yet busty) - I don't usually wear necklaces longer than 18".

I'm completely obsessed with the Elsa Peretti bottle collection lately. I'm debating between these four. I don't live near a store (otherwise I would go in and compare/contrast) so any guidance on these would be great.

Square
Round

Square
Round
Jug

Note: I'm not sure if I can rock the 24" (I'm petite in height but yet busty) - I don't usually wear necklaces longer than 18".

18" is a really good length. I would get the round mini - it looks more like a bottle. The smaller size would be better for everyday - the larger is more of a statement piece.

If you are getting a polished silver piece, it can really shine against your skin and you don't need such a big piece for it to show up.

Just to compare, I recently bought this similarly shaped piece on an 18" chain (post #22):

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/pick-a-pendant-865523-2.html#post27170543

It is only 12mm wide and I believe your round mini bottle is 20mm wide. This little pendant pops! I am not petite but not busty either, so the 20mm on you may be more proportional - I was going for a small everyday necklace that wasn't tiny like a diamond but not too big to be a statement piece. The 18" chain makes it easy for me to wear it with v-neck and scoop neck tops, so it lays against my skin and looks framed by the necklines of the tops. The silver shows up a lot more on skin than it does over clothes.

For my next piece, I was debating between a curved or rectangular chunky metal piece by the same designer with a 1/3 carat aqua stone. :smile: I decided the curved piece would be worn A LOT more, which is a reason I would go for the round bottle if I were you. It goes well with most necklines and feminine body curves, whereas a square-ish shape would be more limiting, I think. But the square bottle has softer edges than the rectangle I was considering, so it's personal preference, I guess.

Last edited:

Square
Round

Square
Round
Jug

You may want to take into consideration whether you want the bottle open at the top to hold a flower. The mini bottle is sealed at the top. I don’t think the small is to long, I’m petite in height also and I wear the medium.

Thanks both for the feedback, this is helpful so far. :smile: I'm definitely leaning towards the round shape (over the other shapes) but am now debating between the mini and the small sizes. I like the idea of the open top with the small size - I mean, why get a bottle unless it's really a bottle, you know? I just need to get my head wrapped around the longer chain length.

I have the round mini bottle in silver and I use a 2" chain extender to lengthen it to 20". I pair mine with an 11mm silver eternal circle pendant on an 18" chain. It's my favorite silver piece I own.

The round shape is the most iconic and the square is my least favorite; IMHO the square shape looks like a flask. The jug is really cool too and I'd but one in a heartbeat.

I don't like flower motifs so the closed bottle was a no-brainer for me, particularly because it eliminates tarnish buildup inside the vessel. Based on what you said - wanting a functioning bottle - I'd buy the small round bottle or jug and worry about length later :smile:

amateurjeweler - Thanks so much for your post. Would you mind posting a modeling pic. of your bottle? I would so much appreciate it. I'm still not decided but do prefer the 18" chain so may go with that mini size.

I would really love to see pictures too. I couldn't find much through searching online!
These are from the Tiffany & Co website. The site has info on the sizes for each bottle but keeps the photos in various sizes, I think to make it more difficult for them to be copied, as it makes the actual sizing a bit confusing. There are more shown on the site.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 2.png
    2.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 355
These are from the Tiffany & Co website. The site has info on the sizes for each bottle but keeps the photos in various sizes, I think to make it more difficult for them to be copied, as it makes the actual sizing a bit confusing. There are more shown on the site.
Aww I am sorry, I meant modeling pictures.
But thank you so much for posting these for me. :heart:

Had to really crop these - I did PM you recently and I can email larger, sharper images. Either way I hope these help.

Attachments

• IMG_20140819_155607.jpg
    IMG_20140819_155607.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20140818_110424.jpg
    IMG_20140818_110424.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20140818_110346.jpg
    IMG_20140818_110346.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 241