Eek, just placed an order for my first Chanel bag!

May 17, 2006
Not my first Chanel, as I do have a WOC that I love. But I consider the WOC as a wallet and use it as such, so this is my first bag! After being authenticated by our amazing authenticator here, I just placed an order for my first Chanel bag! It's a vintage Chanel Jumbo flap. A classic Chanel flap has been my HG of bags for ages. I specifically wanted vintage because I wanted a single flap and the 24K gold. I've wanted this bag for so long, but I kind of can't believe I just purchased one! I'm a lot in shock as I have never spent so much on a bag (even though I do think I managed to get a good deal), but I'm excited too. Can't share with anyone in my real life as they will all think I'm insane, so I wanted to share here! :smile:

How exciting for you! Whether new from a boutique or finding what you’ve been searching for, finally purchasing is very exciting. I hope you love it.
my only advice, if you find you don’t love it for whatever reason, return it.
my firs, I sent back as it had an issue that I didn’t feel like settling for. It took me nearly 2 years to find another and it was well worth the wait.

Ugh, I am so so disappointed right now. I just got an email from the website saying there was an "inventory discrepancy" with their boutique partner and the bag is not actually available. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. And, maybe it's my disappointment speaking, but I also find this explanation quite fishy because the seller themselves had messaged me a week ago to say the bag was at the bag spa and would ship out at the end of last week. If it was actually unavailable, why would they message me to tell me when it's shipping out? I don't want to be one of *those* people, but it feels like someone isn't quite telling the truth.

In any case, I am so so upset about this. I honestly don't think I'll find another black, 24k gold hardware, single flap jumbo in my budget. I've done enough searching to know my budget is super hard to find what I'm looking for, and as we all know, prices only go up. Looks like my dream bag will just remain a dream. :frown:

• Sad
Reactions: Venessa84