Educate me: what is a 60's sex kitten look ?

I thought she was asking about makeup not about wardrobe and body type, so that is why I referred to Twiggy.

Twiggy still had the same makeup look as the other people you are mentioning.

Twiggy had a hair style that is different and the body shape, but as far as the makeup goes it is the same.

All the "sex kittens" had dark eyeliner, thick lashes, rosy cheeks, and nude lips. So it does not really matter which of those ladies you look at. They all have the same makeup look. The only thing that differs is hair. And yes I would agree that for the ultimate sex kitten look big tousled hair is the key.

I still think the video is helpful for the makeup of the era, even if it is Twiggy inspired.
But you know what? Sex kittens were all about looking sexy and Twiggy wasn't and men didn't like her. She had a boy's figure and normally wore her hair even shorter than they did. With huge painted on lashes, that looked kind of silly at the time. Great for high fashion and that 'Mod' look, but not for men's fantasies. Not one guy I knew thought she was desirable.

That's why I think she doesn't qualify. :shrugs:

Bardot
Jane Fonda
Ann Margaret
Raquel Welch,
I hadn't thought about Pam Anderson and Eva Mendes, as was mentioned, but I agree, they are 'sex kitten' types too.

Attachments

• twiggy.jpg
    twiggy.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 644
  • twiggy02.jpg
    twiggy02.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 571
  • twiggyDM200207_468x515.jpg
    twiggyDM200207_468x515.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 540
emmapeel-250x400.jpg

Emma Peel. Red hair, eye liner, false eye lashes, cat suit, high heels, hot body.

Also all the starlets from Mario Bava's films like Barbara Steele.
http://www.coffeecoffeeandmorecoffee.com/archives/filmstills/barbara steele.jpg

Dahliah Vali
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/181/426918614_701736a901.jpg

And the ultimate 60's sex kitten Marisa Mell

2diof3m.jpg

Marisa_Mell.jpg

hotpants-07-1971-marisa-mell.jpg

MarisaMell_Ladies.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's kind of along the lines what I originally thought but wasn't sure:

1270081726_e71fe55c3c.jpg

So just nude lip, lots of dark eyeliner and lots of volume to your hair ?

Does anyone know exactly wht kind of makeup she was wearing in this pic? I know she's probably wearing false lashes too, but I have no idea what kind.