edith takes a bath

mercer

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
So...I take my edith on vacation. It's wonderful! a great carry on bag and a fantastic tote around town (I alternated with my mini paddy to keep my arm from getting sore).

well...one day the weather called for rain. Since I was planning to visit the chloe store that morning I decided to bring my edith and got a little more dressed up than I normally would. the skies are overcast but not threatening, so I figure I'm good.

5 minutes after I leave the hotel there is a horrible downpour and the wind is so bad my umbrella breaks! edith (naked and untouched by applegard) is soaked! I might as well have thrown her in the Hudson river. well, I kept going all morning (even though i looked like something the cat dragged in) in and out of shops. edith continued to get baptized everytime i went in and out of a store. I was pretty zen about the whole thing- she was wet and there really wasn't a thing to be done about it.

I got back to the hotel at noon propped her up on a table. left again with DH and mini. by the time we got back later that evening edith was almost dry and...NOT ONE SPOT! I couldn't believe it. nothing. It's like it never happened. yay for edith! she's a sturdy girl!

Awesome!!! I was traumatized by a single rain drop that "stained" my bag. After 6 hours the spot was still there but I'm wondering now if she would have eventually dried out. I swear it was a mutant, toxic rain drop!

^^daisy, I was thinking of you when the first raindrops hit poor edith. she looked like a dalmatian! but then the rain just kept getting heavier and pretty soon she was just plain old wet! Perhaps it was better she got soaked through and through rather than just a few spots? I kept flipping her around so each side would get equally soaked.

:lol: LOL Winona - saving us from heart attacks! :biggrin:

All of my Chloe bags have been sprinkled on without incident except for my tan Paddington. The leather on that one is super porous and when it gets wet I have to stretch the leather or it will water spot.

^^ LOL! I am so relieved to know that my poor Edith may survive a rain storm...I am always the one who gets stuck in a downpour..the worst luck! Thanks for letting us know.I feel much better knowing!!!

My whiskey Edith got a few sprinkles on her, but you would never even know. Daisy, I think your spot was some freak accident...I have not had any problems yet. But I am glad you were able to stretch it out!