edith takes a bath

1. So...I take my edith on vacation. It's wonderful! a great carry on bag and a fantastic tote around town (I alternated with my mini paddy to keep my arm from getting sore).

well...one day the weather called for rain. Since I was planning to visit the chloe store that morning I decided to bring my edith and got a little more dressed up than I normally would. the skies are overcast but not threatening, so I figure I'm good.

5 minutes after I leave the hotel there is a horrible downpour and the wind is so bad my umbrella breaks! edith (naked and untouched by applegard) is soaked! I might as well have thrown her in the Hudson river. well, I kept going all morning (even though i looked like something the cat dragged in) in and out of shops. edith continued to get baptized everytime i went in and out of a store. I was pretty zen about the whole thing- she was wet and there really wasn't a thing to be done about it.

I got back to the hotel at noon propped her up on a table. left again with DH and mini. by the time we got back later that evening edith was almost dry and...NOT ONE SPOT! I couldn't believe it. nothing. It's like it never happened. yay for edith! she's a sturdy girl!

2. Amazing!!
    Great story, and good to know, you may have saved some people from future heart attacks ;)

3. whew! glad it turned out okay. good info to know.

4. Great (but traumatic!) report and outcome! Congrats for both you and Edith making it thru the experience!!!

5. Awesome!!! I was traumatized by a single rain drop that "stained" my bag. After 6 hours the spot was still there but I'm wondering now if she would have eventually dried out. I swear it was a mutant, toxic rain drop!

6. ^^daisy, I was thinking of you when the first raindrops hit poor edith. she looked like a dalmatian! but then the rain just kept getting heavier and pretty soon she was just plain old wet! Perhaps it was better she got soaked through and through rather than just a few spots? I kept flipping her around so each side would get equally soaked.

7. :lol: LOL Winona - saving us from heart attacks! :biggrin:

All of my Chloe bags have been sprinkled on without incident except for my tan Paddington. The leather on that one is super porous and when it gets wet I have to stretch the leather or it will water spot.

8. ^^ LOL! I am so relieved to know that my poor Edith may survive a rain storm...I am always the one who gets stuck in a downpour..the worst luck! Thanks for letting us know.I feel much better knowing!!!

9. Wow, what a good story. I'm so scared of getting something on my Edith(s) - I have been living in fear of spring showers...

10. Mercer, happened to me too! The sprinklers went off quite suddenly and totally drenched my grey girl - not a spot on her later on!

11. My whiskey Edith got a few sprinkles on her, but you would never even know. Daisy, I think your spot was some freak accident...I have not had any problems yet. But I am glad you were able to stretch it out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice