Edie come and Edie....stay

Mar 7, 2007
Even after Tagullah's experience with the large black Edie I thought I would give it a go. Here are my opinions:

1) The Heavy Grain leather is very nice - IMO it is most similar to the Daria spongy leather, nice and soft and supple, lovely smell and lovely grain.

2) It is a very light bag, and when the stuffing is taken out it will flop in on itself similar to an Alexa.

3) They have actually put in expandable straps with buckle inside like a Bayswater, unlike the ones in an Alexa.

4) For those worried about the postman's lock taking all the strain when carrying by the top handle, there are actually two hidden clips (see picture) which distributes the strain. My only problem with these though is it tends to leave an odd marking/pattern on the top flap.

5) Love the guitar strap, I personally am not that fussed that is not adjustable but agree with others that there should be no reason why they could not do that. Also the rabbits don't look particulary happy (or maybe I just got demented ones)!

6) Size-wise it seems just a tiny bit smaller than an OS Alexa. The small Edie's are similar to the regular Alexa size and are very cute. The shoulder strap on the small Edie is a much more user friendly size.

7) The care card actually says they have already given it a waterproof treatment before it left the factory (wasn't someone here saying they should do that anyway?).

8) Ooh how could I forget - gunmetal hardware. :biggrin:

Great review! Am I right in seeing one side of the strap is the rabbit fabric and the other side is leather?
It looks like Mulberry have put some thought into this - with the internal adjustable strap and the extra clips. I'm quite excited about the regular size now. Oh, what can I sell???

Glad you like it littlestar and great to hear about nice leather again! COngrats on a great bag! Modeling pics?
Would really like to see the regular sized one - did you see it both in black and blue? WIll prob take forever before it reaches the shops over here.

Great review, thanks. Is it possible to turn the strap around so that you could sometimes wear the leather on the outside and the fabric on the inside? I'm really wanting one of these in the small size!

Great review! Am I right in seeing one side of the strap is the rabbit fabric and the other side is leather?
It looks like Mulberry have put some thought into this - with the internal adjustable strap and the extra clips. I'm quite excited about the regular size now. Oh, what can I sell???

Yes it does seem a bit more thought through (for a change).

And yes one side is rabbit fabric and the other the leather. I guess you can wear it either way - but I would be cautious about ruining the rabbit fabric if I wore it against my clothes.

The regular is so lovely. If I didn't have my regular black Alexa I may have gone for the small Edie. IMO the small Edie proportions are just right.

Glad you like it littlestar and great to hear about nice leather again! COngrats on a great bag! Modeling pics?
Would really like to see the regular sized one - did you see it both in black and blue? WIll prob take forever before it reaches the shops over here.

Will get round to some modelling pictures when I am out of my slobby clothes.

I saw the blue ones too, they were really nice. Bit bright and shiny for me though. One girl was oohing and aahing over one for ages.

Can I ask if you noticed the strap on the regular size littlestar? On the website it looks like it's just a leather strap and different to the one on the O/S Edie. Is that right? Thanks.

Can I ask if you noticed the strap on the regular size littlestar? On the website it looks like it's just a leather strap and different to the one on the O/S Edie. Is that right? Thanks.

Both the black regular and regular oak sparkle have the rabbit fabric/leather strap.
The regular nude and blue just have the thin leather one.