Edie 42 Or Rogue with Rivets

Aug 22, 2018
Hi all, I am contemplating an oxblood bag and I am debating between the Edie 42 with rivets and the regular rogue with rivets.
Does anyone own both and can help me with the Pros and cons? Which do you end up wearing more? What is the main difference in your opinion?
Thanks....

I have several in both bags and lately have been using my Edie 42s a lot more. They are lighter weight than rogue and fit a lot more. I tend to need a bigger bag in winter that can fit my gloves and my kids mittens. I've actually been getting kind of annoyed with my rogues lately (of all sizes) and thinking about selling some.

I have several in both bags and lately have been using my Edie 42s a lot more. They are lighter weight than rogue and fit a lot more. I tend to need a bigger bag in winter that can fit my gloves and my kids mittens. I've actually been getting kind of annoyed with my rogues lately (of all sizes) and thinking about selling some.
WHAAAT??? [emoji33][emoji2962]

I'm going to sell the purple 25 and maybe black cherries 25.
They are just kinda heavy and bulky at times. Carrying my speedy b 30 has really made me notice how heavy some of my bags are.
Oh yeah I picked up a speedy 25 (? The smaller one?) and it is super light in comparison! But of course they are made of different materials. I just got my gift from SIL...a Jujube backpack and it feels like it weighs nothing! It has lots of pockets too! [emoji16]

I have both the ones you're getting rid of. [emoji3525] I'm keeping mine... For now. Lol.

Hi all, I am contemplating an oxblood bag and I am debating between the Edie 42 with rivets and the regular rogue with rivets.
Does anyone own both and can help me with the Pros and cons? Which do you end up wearing more? What is the main difference in your opinion?
Thanks....

I think these are very different styles and it depends how you like to carry your bags!

As some said above, weight of the bag may be a consideration... do you always carry on your shoulder, or do you hand/arm carry? Do you like to have multiple options, or will you only carry one way, no matter how many options there are? Is weight of the bag/leather an issue for you? I mean, I guess the rivets on both will add some weight, so maybe not??

I have never had an Edie, but I have tried them on and they reminded me too much of the Madison Maggie from years ago, which I owned, then sold because I stopped carrying them.
Although I liked the overall look, the bad things about the Edie/Maggie for me are that I felt like the straps were not secure on my shoulder because one was always slipping off. I also found myself annoyed by the small opening of the bag - even though the "trapezoid/triangle" style is pretty, it's sometimes hard to see/grab things through the narrow opening because stuff spreads out in the wide bottom. I was always having to stop and put my bag down to dig for things when the bag was full (and the Maggie didn't even have feet on the bottom - I don't recall whether the Edie does).

I don't have the same problem with shoulder straps slipping with my 2 Rogues, and feel like I don't have to set it down to find things... but if I do, at least it has feet on the bottom. I also live/work in the city (hi, neighbor! I assume from your username that you're in Chicago like me), and I like the option of switching to crossbody if needed. I always keep small folded reusable bags in my Rogue to shop, then throw those over my shoulder when walking home, so it's nice to switch if I make unplanned stops and need all my shoulders for groceries & such.
Now the Rogue isn't the *best* for long-term crossbody because clipping the shoulder straps together means the metal may eventually dig into your shoulder if you don't re-situate it... but you can also buy a thicker 'novelty' strap and store it in the bag if you want.

:smile: TL;DR - In summary, I'd choose the Rogue, but think about what style of bag you like and definitely try the bags on first!

Last edited:
Reactions: dramaprincess713
I agree about the weight. That's why I sold a couple Rogues and kept some Edies.

Reactions: AstridRhapsody
Thanks kells1983. Your answer was so helpful! Both bags were on sale for almost the same price and I ended up ordering the rogue, it should get here in the next few days.... I am really curious about the weight of the bag now.....

@Chicagogirl2005 - yay, hopefully it works out! I really like the versatility of the Rogue, since it can be worn 3-4 different ways (2 ways with the long strap, over the shoulder, or with the handles).

The rivets may make it heavy, but if you aren't overloading it and walking for miles, or when you’re standing at a concert for hours or something, you should be ok! Make sure to post when you receive it... if you like it, that is! :smile:

I have the Rogue with rivets and two others that are not embellished. I cannot tell a difference in the weight, I don't think it's a huge difference. I also personally prefer the Rogue, I wear it as a shoulder bag most of the time, and it doesn't bother me weight-wise. I hope you like your newest purchase!

IMG_0429.JPG My rogue arrived and I am absolutely thrilled!!! This is my first rogue (other than a 25 which I had returned, because that size doesn't look good on me), so I wasn't sure what to expect..... I really love this one, the rivets against the oxblood make it look very elegant and the weight is ok for me (somehow what I usually carry is already so heavy that 2-3 lbs won't make a difference....) I was also afraid that the leather might be tougher, as one TPFer wrote that the rivets rogue is not as smooth as the non-rivets, but mine is super-soft, I love it! I have a feeling, this will not be the last rogue I will have ordered ;)
Thanks to everyone who replied and helped me choose!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Reactions: CoachMaven