eCrater and Google Checkout

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
If I purchase something on eCrater using my CC through Google Checkout, are there any protections in place other than filing a charge-back if something doesn't go right?

Has anyone ever purchased on eCrater before? Any problems?

TIA!

^^ I've only used PayPal before -- is Google Checkout a lot more problematic in terms of purchasing online?

Most have good experiences, I did not and then found lots of people on the web that had an online business and Google Checkout closed their account without giving a reason and then refunded all the customers with orders in the system when the sellers had already mailed out the packages to the customers. There was apparently no recourse via Google as they won't answer any questions as to why they closed an account or consider reopening the account.

If there is a problem or I have a question, I like talking to someone. GC doesn't offer that.

There seem to be a rash of large online businesses lately who have decided to forgo customer service for whatever reason, and I don't understand this trend. When I spend or receive money online, I want to be sure that there are "safeties" in place and people that I can turn to if something doesn't work out.