ebay took off my listing :(

fashionLOVE

Sep 13, 2007
So... I was selling quite a few things before the holidays, and I was shocked when I woke up and saw that ebay took of my Tifannys keychain listing.

It was authentic, and I dont understand why they did this.
they did this to me about 2 years ago also when I tried selling a BRAND NEW ipod.

the email said

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item[/FONT]

" [FONT=Arial, Verdana] Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

Review of this listing indicates that the item infringes a trademark. It is both against the law and against eBay policy to infringe trademark laws. Due to security around eBay's review processes, the indicating factors cannot be disclosed. "

Can someone pleaseee explain this to me because every other tiffanys listing looked just like mine!!!

Thanks.!
[/FONT]

Some designer companies actually have employees searching EBAY for even authentic items and reporting them to have them removed. I suppose it's because they want people to go to their STORE, i.e. Tiffany's in the mall to buy merchandize. I think it is a shame, because people deserve a chance to get good deals on authentic goods.

On top of that, I heard that EBAY has a 3 strikes you're out policy on trademark listings. If you get 2 more, they will temporarily suspend your account.

Unfortunately, it is also possible that EBAY competitors report authentic listings to reduce their competition. This is down-right unethical, but a reality.

BE CAREFUL & BEST WISHES!

uh I was soo annoyed when I saw that..

I dont remember the reasoning behind the ipod situation but I remember I relisted it and then had a problem with the winning bidder and lost out on over 100 bucks cause my previous high bidder was much higher!

When I looked through the tiffanys keychains listings, I saw about 2 that looked fake according to what i read about fake ones, and those actually sold because I "watched" them on purpose!

It just makes me think ebay is just one big joke!!

Sorry that happened to you. Someone reported you to eBay. My friend got 3 strikes coz she tried to list the same item 3 times and now, she can't list anything until 6 months later, it even eBay need to review her acc first before let her list something :yucky:

Yea I feel you! lol! I just came back from boxing day shopping (i don't think you guys have boxing day in the states, its december 26, and its just tons of sales!) Anyways ebay removed 8 of my listings! I was furious!

ye we have lotss of sales on the 26th but never heard it called "boxing day" :smile:

OMG.. they took off 8?
I really think it is just random people that "report" our listings because we are selling the same as them.. it is soooo annoying!:cursing:

If you have official invoice on the item, you may appeal to eBay by sending them a copy of the invoice showing them you acquired it from a legitimate outlet.