eBay seller - anyone have an opinion?

I went looking for the thread and searched but came up empty - I was astounded about the bag being destroyed. Maybe someone else might remember and post it. Thx.
I can't remember the title, but the friend couldn't be bothered with filing the paper work to defend the "gift". So they chose to ignore the Custom's letter, which indicated that the bag would be destroyed if they chose to do nothing. It was very bizare indeed..

No where in my response did I mention marking the parcel as a gift. And neither did I say anything about avoiding duties.
The free trade agreement (Australia), which you can read via US customs and border protection website, states that no duty is payable on goods from Australia and all duty will be phased out by 2022. I have sold a few of my handbags to Yoogis Closet and some through ebay and no duties were payable on these items. Fully declared values and insured.
I am sure the thread referred to can be easily found using the search tools or by scrolling through the pages as this forum doesn't get a lot of traffic.

Your post mentioned a package "declared as gift". Not sure the difference between "marking" and "declaring" in this context.

Customs rules vary widely from country to country, are constantly changing and are not uniformly applied. So it is always helpful to see threads where people have experienced issues because of customs declarations. I know there have been many on here about different customs issues but don't recall the one you mentioned.

Hi all. Has anyone purchased from carole_lo1983? She has little feedback but from what I see it isn't bad. I am specifically looking at LV products. Some really nice things although pricey. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback. Thx :smile:
I'd avoid the seller for several reasons but the most obvious problem is her quantities and prices. She is selling supposedly new items for such a small markup that profit is little or nothing after expenses. With just 36 total feedbacks, only 18 of which are as a seller, I'm leery. Combine that with duplicates of the same style, inadequate pictures that make authentication impossible, prices that seem too good to be true and a willingness to lie on legal docs, I'd hit the back button.

I'd avoid the seller for several reasons but the most obvious problem is her quantities and prices. She is selling supposedly new items for such a small markup that profit is little or nothing after expenses. With just 36 total feedbacks, only 18 of which are as a seller, I'm leery. Combine that with duplicates of the same style, inadequate pictures that make authentication impossible, prices that seem too good to be true and a willingness to lie on legal docs, I'd hit the back button.

Thanks BB - I do think she makes money though as the euro/dollar conversion yields her a few hundred on some items that I looked at. She bumps pricing up to over boutique prices and that covers eBay/PP fees. If she accepts a best offer or more than likely takes some transactions off eBay (another flag I know) then she avoids fees but still gets the dollar/euro value. Unless I am adding wrong....

BeenBurned said:

IMO-
A lot of risk for the buyer though - not worth the MIF label if that is the draw or the tiny savings you would save (say sales tax) if in the US.

She has this in her listings:
The item will be shipped from France and I can send it as a gift to avoid you paying duties.

I would not deal with a seller who is willing to cheat customs. Where else could they cheat?
I'm used to buy a lot from international sellers and I always ask them to declare the parcel as a gift. I think that's good for the buyers and a good idea from the seller. I don't want to pay high duties!

I'm used to buy a lot from international sellers and I always ask them to declare the parcel as a gift. I think that's good for the buyers and a good idea from the seller. I don't want to pay high duties!
Horrible idea! It's illegal and no good can come from it! And as posted by @lightpinkdaisy, you can (possibly) lose the item, the money and there have been instances of prosecution for those who are caught.

Understand that when a seller prints a shipping label for an international transaction, she's signing (under penalty of perjury) that the information is accurate. For a buyer to ask a seller to break the law is wrong and many such buyers find themselves on BBLs.

BTW, @Cyannina - please tell me how this benefits a seller?

I can tell you right now TWO of this sellers listings have MAJOR red flags? And One listing has Two different LV Bags?!?!?! And One is clearly a Fake? :blah: Very shady taking pics so far away? Also a MAJOR Red flag? And NO pertinent details either? (except for one?) Enough said! PASS!

My Opinion: PASS!
All you need to read/know about this seller is this post...thank you for your service, lovlouisvuitton :flowers:

Reactions: lovlouisvuitton

Good grief? Are you serious? Umm..Yer Okay? Let's LIE on Customs forms?!?!?! :shocked:

You are in the wrong Forum & wrong place if you pull slim shady stuff? Just saying....:blah:

Reactions: carlpsmom and mkr