eBay Non-Paying Bidder List

ly-business

Not a non-paying bidder but a story worth retelling here. They bought a brand new in box e-reader from me. Immediately upon receipt, emailed me that it would not power on. I sent a few links with troubleshooting tips but the buyer claimed nothing worked. I had to accept the return and, when it arrived, found that I was sent a different e-reader (no surprise--something was clearly off with the transaction). Best part--buyer enclosed a receipt from an Amazon purchase for the e-reader and a note saying that in the box was an e-reader that they purchased from Amazon!! The Ebay customer service rep laughed, escalated the case and immediately closed it in my favor (thereby allowing me to join the ranks of those sellers who won a case against a buyer) Final little fun fact, the seller for the Amazon purchase was the buyers own store. Guess what they sell on Amazon? Correct--the exact e-reader that they bought from me. BTW--the e-reader sent back to me was the one that wouldn't power on.

Not a non-paying buyer, but I've had a slew of chargebacks through PayPal lately, so sellers beware this one, please:

sterlinhomewar_0
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sterlinhomewar_0

As you can see, he's done this to a few people now, and he bought TWO items from me. I have messages with him acknowledging the sale and the second item. It says he's registered in Bermuda, but he's in England. The chargeback was also opened FOUR MONTHS after the sale, which makes it even worse. This was in no way, shape, or form an unauthorized payment. I have, sadly, begun to require a signature for all items over $300 because of people like this.

ly-business

Not a non-paying bidder but a story worth retelling here. They bought a brand new in box e-reader from me. Immediately upon receipt, emailed me that it would not power on. I sent a few links with troubleshooting tips but the buyer claimed nothing worked. I had to accept the return and, when it arrived, found that I was sent a different e-reader (no surprise--something was clearly off with the transaction). Best part--buyer enclosed a receipt from an Amazon purchase for the e-reader and a note saying that in the box was an e-reader that they purchased from Amazon!! The Ebay customer service rep laughed, escalated the case and immediately closed it in my favor (thereby allowing me to join the ranks of those sellers who won a case against a buyer) Final little fun fact, the seller for the Amazon purchase was the buyers own store. Guess what they sell on Amazon? Correct--the exact e-reader that they bought from me. BTW--the e-reader sent back to me was the one that wouldn't power on.
Interesting feedback your buyer leaves too!
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&searchInterval=30

ETA: In fact, the most recent neg that the buyer left was for the seller of an e-reader (Nook).
This was the purchase and the seller (a newbie) probably shipped without tracking.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BNRV300-No...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

alicjairena

Been bidding all week and messaged me immediately on closure of the auction that she could no longer afford it. Idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting feedback your buyer leaves too!
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&searchInterval=30

ETA: In fact, the most recent neg that the buyer left was for the seller of an e-reader (Nook).
This was the purchase and the seller (a newbie) probably shipped without tracking.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BNRV300-Nook-Simple-Touch-Reader-/322176763094?hash=item4b033b44d6:g:8KAAAOSwRQlXdWwH&nma=true&si=le9PRYkXx2JHhZqZPlchH8Alga4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
I ALWAYS check a sellers feedback and also feedback left for others before placing a bid. There surprisingly are a lot of sellers who like to leave neg feedback and I keep away from them like the plague.

iseebearbears

This buyer ripped out the threads in my Chanel in order to force a return. Now I have to pay for return shipping AND pay for the damage done to my purse if I want to resell it somewhere else.

I am never going back to Ebay.

Reactions: skyqueen
pharmkelly99

Purchased shoes, then a case of buyers remorse I guess? Submitted photos of my item to “prove” snad. She put dirt and who knows what else on my shoes.

keitgrigg_0

New buyer witth only 3 feedback. Bought a Coach purse I had and purse was delivered a couple of days ago. Buyer opened Paypal dispute saying this was unauthorized transaction.
She must have done it to others too!
keitgrigg_0 ( 3 )
iconNewId_16x16.gif
Not a registered user

assaelgv

Made multiple offers for a pair of NIB Jimmy Choos and after I accepted, he/she never paid.
I am reporting the same buyer, assaelgv. She also purchased a pair of Jimmy Choo boots from me last week, sent several excuses saying she would pay "in a couple hours."

From what I've seen, this buyer has been making a lot of Jimmy Choo purchases. It's a shame she has fallen into the habit of not paying. Definitely one to block

assaelgv

Made multiple offers for a pair of NIB Jimmy Choos and after I accepted, he/she never paid.
Just curious. Did you open a NPB case? I closed mine today and I'm hoping this person will be NARU or at least restricted from bidding/buying from anyone who doesn't sell to users with two or more NPB strikes.

Just curious. Did you open a NPB case? I closed mine today and I'm hoping this person will be NARU or at least restricted from bidding/buying from anyone who doesn't sell to users with two or more NPB strikes.
That's really important. These non-paying buyers need to get strikes as it's the only way ebay knows that they don't pay. Mutual cancellations encourage non-payers to continue their PITA ways.