eBay lowers listing fees to boost sales

Yeah, this is great and all, but how is it fair that Buyers will only be able to receive positive feedback?? I mean I have had three buyers in the last three weeks outbid someone at the last second by a mere dollar or less and then have never paid. How is it fair that I have to re-list my item and go through all the hassle again, yet the buyer gets off scott free?? I don't like that part!

This is unrelated to the fees but in the email it also said something about expanding the seller protection program. This is what it said:
  • Protection for any shipping address, not just a confirmed address
  • Unlimited annual coverage, not just $5,000 per year
  • Global coverage, extended to 190 countries around the world

reposted from another thread about the fee changes. i think everyone needs to take a deep breath about these fee changes, there seems to be a lot of confusion going around. the changes are not that bad, in fact, from my calculations, i anticipate saving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars per month with the new structure. unless you are selling items under $25 (which i assume most people here aren't), you aren't really going to notice a huge difference.

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-for...ertion-fees-discuss-241037-2.html#post5097672
your calculations are inaccurate! if you are selling high dollar items, it is really not a huge change and you will possibly be saving money when factoring in insertion fee discounts and free gallery. also, they are now providing a 5-15% discount to sellers with high detailed seller ratings so you can ultimately be saving much more than you ever could with their previous pricing structure.

only the first $25 is subject to 8.75% which is roughly $2.10 (previously $1.30), $25-$1000 only went up .25% from 3.25% to 3.50% so that's a combined total of $36.22 (previously $32.98) on a $1000 sale. If you sold a bag for $1100 as you mentioned, your FVF with the new price would be $39.72. Let's go further and assume you have a high DSR rating which results in a 15% FVF credit and your FVF price will now be $33.76 ... not to mention your insertion fees have been reduced by over $1 per listing in most cases. ultimately, there is the opportunity for reduced costs by selling on ebay with their new fee structure.