Ebay lawsuits!

Jan 25, 2008
I am sure everyone knew about the lawsuit and how ebay had to fork out huge amount of money as it has been deemed about 90% of their listed LV bags were fake... http://tamebay.com/2010/02/ebay-fined-e200k-over-louis-vuitton-keywords.html

I have also bought a few items esp. Vintage Chanels over ebay the recent few months and though all of my purchases have been authenticated over TPF, the improved quality of fakes recently just sent jitters that I could be one of the victims as well... (They should really shut this website call b*ub*g.com down!!)

Oh well...I am glad that ebay has not been ensued in any Chanel lawsuits yet....but equally, it could also be that Chanel hasn't taken as strict measures as the LV or Hermes houses...

What do you think?

So, Im confused, this article states that LVMH sued E-Bay for capitalizing on misspellings within the search engine leading consumers to the E-Bay website. I did not see anything about selling fakes did I miss something?

I think it's only a matter of time before all the big houses start suing eBay or taking other measures against them. The fact that eBay turns a blind eye to counterfeits in an attempt to collect as many seller's fees as possible is just disgusting; this has been discussed many times over.

From another perspective, perhaps eBay knows that the crackdown is coming down the pipeline and is trying to capitalize on the seller's fees of all these counterfeits while they still can. Who knows... eBay has turned into a sad, scary place IMHO.

I am glad they are getting sued. maybe they will finally crack down on some of the fakes. Then again I am sure they will impliment rules so that honest sellers have a hard time getting things on too. People who sell counterfits tend to affect/infect everyone.