Ebay HELP! - Stolen package

Hi there! I was hoping someone could help me since i have never encountered this. I made a purchase on ebay and had the item delivered, and had it stolen from my porch!

I have the whole thing on tape, I was wondering if anything can be done? either by the seller or Fedex?

It was a designer item, worth roughly $100-200?

thank you
I filled out a police report which came was assigned an ID number, then filled out credit card loss form online (item was paid through PP linked to cc), attached hard copies of police report and PP transaction details. It took a couple attempts as credit card processor didn’t know how to read PP report until I highlighted and circled the credit card number. All in it took less than two weeks before I received reimbursement check in the mail.

Reactions: Everlv and caannie
I filled out a police report which came was assigned an ID number, then filled out credit card loss form online (item was paid through PP linked to cc), attached hard copies of police report and PP transaction details. It took a couple attempts as credit card processor didn’t know how to read PP report until I highlighted and circled the credit card number. All in it took less than two weeks before I received reimbursement check in the mail.

So who ends up eating the cost on this?

Ebay won't do anything because the seller followed protocol. For items <$750, all that's necessary for seller protection is tracking showing delivery. (SC isn't required and unless a carrier requires it, it's not recommended unless the item is $750+)

Ok I see. Not really an ebay person (had bad experience with their customer service or should I say lack thereof), more of an amazon person.

Without being harsh, the holiday season is prime time for package thieves and buyers who expect deliveries, need to have a secure system in place to either be there to accept the item when delivered, have packages held at post office/UPS/FEDEX/etc. or otherwise do what's necessary to avoid theft.

Exactly what I said.[/QUOTE]
If you're purchasing from Amazon, do what I do and have all deliveries sent to an Amazon locker near you. That way the package won't be stolen. In San Francisco there is no way to get home deliveries and guarantee that they will be there by the end of the day if you're at work all day. So an Amazon locker (they have them at some Whole Food stores) means that you'll have your package secure until you pick it up.

Exactly what I said.
If you're purchasing from Amazon, do what I do and have all deliveries sent to an Amazon locker near you. That way the package won't be stolen. In San Francisco there is no way to get home deliveries and guarantee that they will be there by the end of the day if you're at work all day. So an Amazon locker (they have them at some Whole Food stores) means that you'll have your package secure until you pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Ok will keep in mind. Thank you for the tip.:smile:

If you're purchasing from Amazon, do what I do and have all deliveries sent to an Amazon locker near you. That way the package won't be stolen. In San Francisco there is no way to get home deliveries and guarantee that they will be there by the end of the day if you're at work all day. So an Amazon locker (they have them at some Whole Food stores) means that you'll have your package secure until you pick it up.
I recently had an Amazon package delivered to an Amazon locker in a Sprint store.

Those lockers are all over the place!