eBay, Feedback, & Pay Pal

saarnold02

Loving Speedy!
Jul 24, 2009
I apologize if this is already addressed somewhere, but I have an issue with feedback on eBay.

I sold a bag last week on eBay and it was delivered on Monday. I still have yet to receive Feedback from the buyer, which is holding up my money in Pay Pal. Has anyone else had this problem?

Pay Pal won't release my money until this buyer leaves the feedback. I have been communicating with the buyer through the entire process, updating the buyer whenever possible. I have not heard a peep from the buyer.

What should I do?

Sorry this is happening saarnold02. Paypal occasionally does this, holds funds until 1. positive feedback is left, or 2. Paypal receives proof of delivery.

If you have a tracking number that shows the bag was delivered, contact Paypal and they should release your funds.

The delivery is confirmed in Pay Pal. If the seller doesn't leave any feedback today, I'll call them and see what can be done, I suppose.

I would assume they are holding the funds until I get the feedback, since I have not sold anything on eBay before, only purchased.

I feel like eBay and Paypal try their best to put in place rules that protect buyers and sellers alike. Sometimes they pose inconveniences to honest individuals, but I'm still very thankful that they are there to help deter those who would take advantage of an opportunity to prosper using illegal and immoral methods. I am a Powerseller and sometimes I get frustrated feeling like I have to jump through hoops to list certain items so they don't get questioned and pulled by intellectual property rights owners, but on the other hand, I am very grateful for their diligence in protecting buyers and sellers as I personally lost a whole lot of money on another site that "guaranteed" authentic purses and I got totally ripped and there was nothing I could do about it.

Saarnold02, I wouldn't wait on feedback. Buyers are not required to leave feedback at all, and many that do leave feedback, only do so once a month or so. Call or email (calling is faster, email can take a fews days) Paypal.

i just had that last night...all you have to do is call PP and they will release the funds immediately...they did it for me....i had not sold on ebay for a year so they held the funds....the guy i spoke to had it released within minutes

I don't think you could get paypal to release the funds early. I thought it was to make sure that the buyer is HAPPY with th transaction-ie. authentic etc. If it were me I would for sure call paypal, but I am not sure they will do anything about it. Good luck though.

nope...if it shows that it is delivered PP will release the funds....i had this last year as a new seller and just last night as well....they dont need the FB from the buyer...it is either/or....

^^ I'm jumping in late on this because this hasn't happened to me yet...and I was wondering...how do you know if they are holding funds...would it say that somewhere..or do you get some kind of notice that its being held?

I hate to start a new thread since its a question that relates here...how do you know that PP is holding funds...does it just say pending until they clear it or do you get some sort of notice saying so?
Thanks!

hey sorry I'm late in responding to you klj.

When I log into my PayPal it shows the amount as "Pending" and I cannot transfer it to my Bank Account. As zoesma said, it says EITHER the delivery is confirmed OR feedback is left. The delivery was confirmed yesterday, so now you would think the money would be released.

I hate to start a new thread since its a question that relates here...how do you know that PP is holding funds...does it just say pending until they clear it or do you get some sort of notice saying so?
Thanks!

You would see it in paypal. Instead of the money going in your balance it would say pending. You would for sure know if you had funds on hold.

it says pending...and they will send you an email when the item sold saying they are holding these funds because...yada yada yada....blah blah blah....lol....
and saar you can call them now...they are opened until 10 PT....they will release them for you immediately if they see item delivered on their tracking info...go to the PP website and "contact us"....they will give you a pin that you enter when you call the 800 number...talk to the agent and say my item has been delivered and I want the funds released now...he cam do it all when u r on the phone...