eBay Common Sense Q's

kuruma - Congrats on your find! And thanks. I will do the best I can. ;) By the way, they declined the offer (when I met their asking price), saying it had been 3 days since the auction started and would be unfair to the bidders to end it. Even though there were bidders bidding when I first contacted them! And they said in the beginning that they could end it anytime before the last 24 hours of the auction. That's almost funny. Unfair to the bidders paying more for it now, but not unfair to the bidders in the beginning? Wow.

purse-n-boots - Yes, PayPal can be pretty bad in many ways, but they actually were good about giving me a refund when a seller claimed they didn't receive my payment and never sent the items. After we filed a dispute, they returned the money very quickly. But siding with buyers doesn't mean they suck. If a buyer has a reasonable complaint, they are not wrong in helping them to get their money back, so I'm really not sure what you mean when you say 'Paypal sucks so they will probably side in your favor.' If I have a problem and they help me solve it...I don't think that sucks. It would certainly suck if a seller was right and a buyer was lying, and they sided with the buyer. But if the seller's wrong, and the buyer isn't, they're not doing anything wrong by siding with the buyer. But in many ways PayPal is just like eBay in the unreliability category.

nycgr1 - Thanks for your input!