ebay cancelled my bid but it went through on my credit card

Sherie71

Dec 1, 2006
Here is part of the message from ebay. My question is if anyone knows where else I can get this bag besides ebay? Do you think the seller will still ship it? here is a link from a dif seller.
eBay: New Authentic*Chanel*Purse /Handbag / Bag (item 120059953612 end time Dec-02-06 14:35:11 PST)

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 250055548765

Item Title - **Beautiful new Chanel bag/women's bag/Handbag/purse**

Our records show that you placed a bid on this item. We removed this item from the Site and cancelled your bid because it appears that the seller's account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay may be temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

They usually cancel the bid because the item is a fake. I would e-mail the seller and ask her what's going on. Also call your credit card company and tell them what's up.

an email ebay sent me below.
Unfortunately, an unauthorized person took over the seller's account and
listed the item that you purchased. As soon as we became aware of the
unauthorized transaction on the seller's account, we took action and are
now restoring the account to its legitimate owner.

yup someone jacked her account. Im now going through the process of doing an investigation with pay pal. Hopefully I will get my money back and Im going to call my credit card company today. This is the second time i have ever used ebay.

How did your credit card get charged, if you didn't pay for it? eBay nor the seller can control your paypal account, and if they had a merchant account, they could not control you putting the CC # in. Are you sure you didn't pay for it, and then the auction was pulled?

Im not sure what happened. All I know is ebay sent me this first email
The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 250055548765

Item Title - **Beautiful new Chanel bag/women's bag/Handbag/purse**

Our records show that you placed a bid on this item. We removed this item from the Site and cancelled your bid because it appears that the seller's account has been compromised and used by an unauthorized third party. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay may be temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

then i got my second email after i wrote to ebay

Dear Sherie,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your account.

Unfortunately, an unauthorized person took over the seller's account and
listed the item that you purchased. As soon as we became aware of the
unauthorized transaction on the seller's account, we took action and are
now restoring the account to its legitimate owner.

Options for Resolving Your Situation

- If you paid for your item through PayPal, you may be covered for up to
$1,000 under the PayPal Buyer Protection. For details, go to:

So now I contacted pay pal and put in a pay pal investigation. and they denied it.:cursing: and sent me this email
PayPal has denied your unauthorized activity claim for the following
transaction:
Im soooo mad.

I also just contacted my credit card company and they will be mailing me a dispute form .

ok i just called pay pal and they want me to send a buyers dispute by email and wait 3 weeks to see if the package comes (like its going to come) she said that in some cases they do but it may not be what was seen on ebay. She then told me I could deny the package. Then I told her I want nothing to do with accepting a package from anyone who has stollen someones account that I want to continue the investigation. She told me that it has been happening alot on ebay. Im so angry....
I dont get why its so difficult to catch the person...
thanks for listening to me vent.

So you DID pay? As for the $1000 protection plan, that's only if the seller has the money in her account. You'll have to take it up with your credit card co.