EBAY "Authenticity Guarantee"

Adding my recent Ebay authentication experience for any interested forum readers:

Hi there - I am pretty happy so far with Ebay Authentication. I have purchased 5 "Authenticity Guarantee" items so far. The items ship directly to authentication. I am copied on the tracking info, so am able to follow the travel time and when it arrives at authentication.

Two of my items did not pass authentication, and Ebay automatically cancelled the order, promptly refunded my money and sent me an explanation note.

Two items passed authentication, and were shipped promptly to me, very well packaged.

The last item is the first they have reached out to me, advising that while it passed authenticity, it is not 'as described' in the listing. It has more wear than described, and they do not think it is the advertised leather (Clemence). They sent additional photos, and have given me control, with the option to accept it or reject and they will return and refund.

Edit - one of my purchases was an Hermes Birkin. As soon as I received it I also had it authenticated via Bababebi who confirmed the Ebay authentication. I would always get something like a Birkin authenticated in addition to Ebay for peace of mind.

Hope this helps!

Adding my recent Ebay authentication experience for any interested forum readers:

Hi there - I am pretty happy so far with Ebay Authentication. I have purchased 5 "Authenticity Guarantee" items so far. The items ship directly to authentication. I am copied on the tracking info, so am able to follow the travel time and when it arrives at authentication.

Two of my items did not pass authentication, and Ebay automatically cancelled the order, promptly refunded my money and sent me an explanation note.

Two items passed authentication, and were shipped promptly to me, very well packaged.

The last item is the first they have reached out to me, advising that while it passed authenticity, it is not 'as described' in the listing. It has more wear than described, and they do not think it is the advertised leather (Clemence). They sent additional photos, and have given me control, with the option to accept it or reject and they will return and refund.

Edit - one of my purchases was an Hermes Birkin. As soon as I received it I also had it authenticated via Bababebi who confirmed the Ebay authentication. I would always get something like a Birkin authenticated in addition to Ebay for peace of mind.

Hope this helps!
Good to hear eBay does all the work for us.

Hi Friends,

I'm currently looking at a lovely Lindy 30 on eBay that's been listed with an 'Authentication Guarantee' from eBay, and the seller has 100% positive feedback with over 500 sales. I'm still tentative about making such an expensive purchase via eBay, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the eBay Authentication Guarantee service, either good or bad? I'd definitely rather purchase through a reputable seller like Fashionphile, but it's hard finding the perfect bag in the right colour. Argh, what to do?!

Reactions: iseebearbears
Hi Friends,

I'm currently looking at a lovely Hermes Lindy 30 on eBay that's been listed with an 'Authentication Guarantee' from eBay, and the seller has 100% positive feedback with over 500 sales. I'm still tentative about making such an expensive purchase via eBay, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the eBay Authentication Guarantee service, either good or bad? I'd definitely rather purchase through a reputable seller like Fashionphile, but it's hard finding the perfect bag in the right colour. Argh, what to do?!

Reactions: thegirlwhoflies
Get your own authentication for your sanity.

However, I’ve dealt with the authentication guarantees on one side (seller). eBay holds the money from the buyer until they can authenticate the bag and then they release the funds to the seller IF the bag is authentic and listed as described. One of the things that I liked as a seller is that the authenticators add a bag tag to the bag so that if the buyer changes their mind they will only accept the bag if the tag is on it. I was worried that people could switch out the bag. I haven’t bought a bag off of eBay but I do know that reading through eBay’s policy about how their authentication service works if I did decide to buy one I’d feel comfortable only using my Amex and through PayPal so there are no issues with authentication.

I think this thread will probably be moved.

Hi Friends,

I'm currently looking at a lovely Lindy 30 on eBay that's been listed with an 'Authentication Guarantee' from eBay, and the seller has 100% positive feedback with over 500 sales. I'm still tentative about making such an expensive purchase via eBay, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the eBay Authentication Guarantee service, either good or bad? I'd definitely rather purchase through a reputable seller like Fashionphile, but it's hard finding the perfect bag in the right colour. Argh, what to do?!
I’ve bought a couple of bags with the added eBay authentication, and where I’ve authenticated externally or using these forums I’ve found the items I received to be truly genuine (Dior, Chanel)
I also had another purchase go through but when it was checked by the authenticators they flagged that the condition was slightly different to the original listing and sent me extra images to decide if I wanted to continue with the purchase or return to the seller where I’d receive a refund. It was all pretty efficient so actually I’m quite impressed by eBay!
I also checked with them on live chat and if you authenticate elsewhere and find it to be a fake then they will allow you to return as part of their authenticity guarantee, so with Hermes I would get checked by bababebi as well as eBay just in case!

I’ve bought a couple of bags with the added eBay authentication, and where I’ve authenticated externally or using these forums I’ve found the items I received to be truly genuine (Dior, Chanel)
I also had another purchase go through but when it was checked by the authenticators they flagged that the condition was slightly different to the original listing and sent me extra images to decide if I wanted to continue with the purchase or return to the seller where I’d receive a refund. It was all pretty efficient so actually I’m quite impressed by eBay!
I also checked with them on live chat and if you authenticate elsewhere and find it to be a fake then they will allow you to return as part of their authenticity guarantee, so with Hermes I would get checked by bababebi as well as eBay just in case!
That's fantastic advice, thank you! I've just submitted an authentication request through banabebi too.

Reactions: PACNWPurseLover
That really gives me peace of mind, thank you. I have no previous experience with the eBay Authentication Guarantee but it sounds a lot more thorough than I first thought.
Get your own authentication for your sanity.

However, I’ve dealt with the authentication guarantees on one side (seller). eBay holds the money from the buyer until they can authenticate the bag and then they release the funds to the seller IF the bag is authentic and listed as described. One of the things that I liked as a seller is that the authenticators add a bag tag to the bag so that if the buyer changes their mind they will only accept the bag if the tag is on it. I was worried that people could switch out the bag. I haven’t bought a bag off of eBay but I do know that reading through eBay’s policy about how their authentication service works if I did decide to buy one I’d feel comfortable only using my Amex and through PayPal so there are no issues with authentication.

I think this thread will probably be moved.
That really gives me peace of mind, thank you. I have no previous experience with the eBay Authentication Guarantee but it sounds a lot more thorough than I first thought.

Reactions: Kookiliz
Thank you!

Reactions: V0N1B2

Yes, I agree. I’m a reader so I read the whole t&c on both sides lol just in case. The only thing I didn’t find on eBay t&c was credibility/info on the actual authenticators. I think if you get bababebi authentication coupled with eBay’s service you will be good to go!

eBay authentication is NOT realizable. Seller sent me an authentic YSL bag but it was not the one that was in the listing. I then had to go through a lot of trouble and waiting, along with an appeal case and escalation to try to get the bag returned and refunded.

Hi everyone, needing some advices here. I recently bought a Chanel classic WOC on eBay full set with all tags included but the original receipt, authenticated through eBay, I don’t really see any red flags. Would you still get the bag authenticated again from another site like Zeko in this case or would you trust eBay and simply enjoy the bag? Thank you

Reactions: PACNWPurseLover
Hi everyone, needing some advices here. I recently bought a Chanel classic WOC on eBay full set with all tags included but the original receipt, authenticated through eBay, I don’t really see any red flags. Would you still get the bag authenticated again from another site like Zeko in this case or would you trust eBay and simply enjoy the bag? Thank you
I don't believe it's necessary, besides if anything you sell it again on ebay should have no problem.