E-Ring Purchase - I need your help, I'm confused!

A year ago, my sister-in-law and I shopped for H&A stones for her anniversary upgrade. I was shocked by the price of Hearts On Fire, but they are truly beautiful and sparkley. She's all about H&A, D color, IF/VVS and being able to see the perfect arrows using her idealscope, though once you set the stone, you will not see the hearts. Once set, I can't tell the difference bet. my excellent E VVS1 versus her D VVS1 H&A except hers is a carat larger than mine. What I don't like about Hearts On Fire is that the stones are already set and the SA told us they do not sell loose stone. You will definitely get more for your buck if you opt for GIA excellent cut and not a certified H&A. Most posters at Pricescope will lean towards Whiteflash. My girlfriend received her H&A stone from Whiteflash, and she was absolutely in love with it and the price was much less than HOA. I would recommend that you shop around, bring an idealscope with you (you can buy it cheap on Ebay for less than $25) and test out several loose stones and see for yourself. Pay attention to light return.
Your HOF SA was giving you incorrect information. Most HOF diamonds are sold separately from the settings. The HOF loose diamonds are featured as part of their display. The prices for HOF are high, but so are stones from Tiffany's. It depends upon whether you would rather buy a superideal cut diamond online or not. I have both HOF diamonds and ACA diamonds from WF...WF will save you money and you will get a beautiful stone, either way. Although a lot of people on PS use WF, we also recommend Good Old Gold, Crafted By Infinity, James Allen and Engagement Rings Direct [for cushions]. Many of our members have gotten excellent work on settings from WF, I'm sorry that Ame had a bad experience. It's unlike WF not to work with a customer to make things right. HTH.

ETA: HOF and ACA from WF are graded by the AGS lab. They are the most strict in terms of their grading and I would recommend them over GIA if you are a "cut" person. In general, I would only accept grading from either AGS or GIA. I don't think that there are HOF haters, as much as people who are put off by their prices. Again, compare HOF prices with Tiff's and there isn't much difference.

H&A stones are amazing, but there's also plenty of amazing stones that just missed the mark of being certified H&A.
YOU have to decide if that's where you want to put a lot of your budget or not.

1st photo is at night, that's why there's so much noise, but in my excellent cut, you can almost see arrows most of the time. I think my stone just missed the mark for an H&A.

STUNNING RING!!!!

Many of our members have gotten excellent work on settings from WF, I'm sorry that Ame had a bad experience. It's unlike WF not to work with a customer to make things right. HTH.
Or, more accurately, to not even bother actually trying and to keep replating the damage to make it look like they did.

I am NOT the only one with MAJOR issues with that company's workmanship--in fact I am one of THOUSANDS, but no one who reads Pricescope will be able to find that out since they and Pricescope work very hard to remove any post that so much as hints at any sort of problem and use the BS excuse of "forum rules violation" --as in I made up a rule just now that's not even posted in the rules because you commented negatively about our MAIN VENDOR--as reason to pull the post.

I had WF customer service problems (them saying that they would do something, but not doing it after I decided to go with a Leon setting). In the end, I love my WF stone, but I wouldn't have had them make my ring. I thought that giving them over $10k was enough to get amazing customer service, but not buying a setting from them unleashed their claws. To be honest, Good Old Gold has equally great stones and they don't care who makes the setting.

Wow Swanky that stone is... WOW :yes:.. After the post about WF I think I'm going to be going to a local jeweler to purchase both the diamond and setting. I was hoping I wouldn't get any bad responses about WF, but I guess not. However, I'm going to be going with a platinum setting, and I got the sense you were talking about replating gold? Either way, I'm still skeptical!

I had WF customer service problems (them saying that they would do something, but not doing it after I decided to go with a Leon setting). In the end, I love my WF stone, but I wouldn't have had them make my ring. I thought that giving them over $10k was enough to get amazing customer service, but not buying a setting from them unleashed their claws. To be honest, Good Old Gold has equally great stones and they don't care who makes the setting.
Here here. I have never had anything less than STELLAR service from GOG, or from Quest, Pearlmans, or any other jeweler that isn't in the pocket of the PS clan.

Your HOF SA was giving you incorrect information. Most HOF diamonds are sold separately from the settings. The HOF loose diamonds are featured as part of their display. The prices for HOF are high, but so are stones from Tiffany's. It depends upon whether you would rather buy a superideal cut diamond online or not. I have both HOF diamonds and ACA diamonds from WF...WF will save you money and you will get a beautiful stone, either way. Although a lot of people on PS use WF, we also recommend Good Old Gold, Crafted By Infinity, James Allen and Engagement Rings Direct [for cushions]. Many of our members have gotten excellent work on settings from WF, I'm sorry that Ame had a bad experience. It's unlike WF not to work with a customer to make things right. HTH.

ETA: HOF and ACA from WF are graded by the AGS lab. They are the most strict in terms of their grading and I would recommend them over GIA if you are a "cut" person. In general, I would only accept grading from either AGS or GIA. I don't think that there are HOF haters, as much as people who are put off by their prices. Again, compare HOF prices with Tiff's and there isn't much difference.

Great, that's good to know about HOA selling loose diamonds without the setting. We tried the WF route but couldn't find any H&A over 2 cts in VVS and D.

Thank you!

what kind of setting do you want willie?
if it's plain, like mine, you may wnat white gold instead. A lot of gals don't like how dull and scratched looking platinum becomes w/ normal wear. White gold stays shiny and smooth, like new. Mine is white gold w. platinum prongs. Worst case scenario, you have to get it re-dipped in 5 yrs.
I had my original ring for 10 yeras and it's still completely white.

Buying from your local b&m is great, just go ARMED w/ knowledge.
KNOW what you want adn KNOW what you could get it for from WF or another online e-tailer, almost every b&m jeweler knows it's highly competitive and it's unliekly they'll want to lose a sale over it.

Anyone with experience?

I dont really know much about diamonds. My diamond is a H&A from Whiteflash and I LOVE it, I get compliments on it all the time, I think the cut makes it super sparkly. I swear these pictures dont do it any justice. Here is mine, its 1.26 cts.

PS I take every chance to post pictures of it, lol.

CONGRAGULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT BTW!!!! :yahoo:

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

Or, more accurately, to not even bother actually trying and to keep replating the damage to make it look like they did.

I am NOT the only one with MAJOR issues with that company's workmanship--in fact I am one of THOUSANDS, but no one who reads Pricescope will be able to find that out since they and Pricescope work very hard to remove any post that so much as hints at any sort of problem and use the BS excuse of "forum rules violation" --as in I made up a rule just now that's not even posted in the rules because you commented negatively about our MAIN VENDOR--as reason to pull the post.
Ame,
Can you tell me how you heard about thousands of unhappy WF customers? Do they have their own website?