E-Bay Find: Italian Leather Antonio Meloni, great price but reeks of Cigarette Smoke!

Marvelous Mom-Mom

Aug 22, 2018
Hi All!
Recently I bought an Italian Leather Bag from E-Bay that reeks of cigarette smoke. Somewhere I read that you put 4 boxes of baking soda in the purse, then place it in the oven at 250° for 6 hours. Does this sound like good advice or what other method do you recommend? I tried placing it outside for days with no luck.

I would NOT put the bag in the oven. You can put an open box of baking soda in the purse, and if you want put that in a plastic bag, and add another open box into the plastic bag. Close up the bag. So one box for inside and one for outside. Leave it for a few days and see if there's any improvement. You can also try dryer sheets inside the bag.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Gabs007
Hi All!
Recently I bought an Italian Leather Bag from E-Bay that reeks of cigarette smoke. Somewhere I read that you put 4 boxes of baking soda in the purse, then place it in the oven at 250° for 6 hours. Does this sound like good advice or what other method do you recommend? I tried placing it outside for days with no luck.

As an ex smoker, anything coming from a smoker reeks of it, but baking soda just in the bag will take care of the smell to a large degree, I also had good success with a mild vinegar solution 1/3rd of cider vinegar with 2/3rds of water and then just cleaning, letting it air, repeat...