Dyeing Suede

LadyCajun

O.G.
Sep 20, 2009
Has anyone ever done this with success? My cobbler said that they would not be able to dye my shoe because it is suede, but they did try to clean them to no avail:crybaby: See what had happened was.... My suitcase got wet on the runway back from a recent trip to Miami. My red bag bled on my right Maggie. Oh, I wanted to die. The lilac is now tinged in RED..... What to do, what to do?!?! HELP

Agree with naked, I think your best option might be to dye them a darker color. I don't think you would be able to take something that is tinted red and dye it a lighter color (i.e. lilac). Sorry!

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you :sad: The other girls have good suggestions though.

This is a good lesson for anyone traveling/transporting CLs (even storing).. it's best to keep the red bag separate for this very issue.

This is the only thing I could think of. What about trying to dye the lilac the tobacco color that the other Maggie colorway is, and the navy black. That way you would have had both Maggie colorways in your collection!
Sorry this happened, I know how having your CLs messed up feels.

I'm so sorry this has happened! :wtf:

I like the other girls' suggestions of a dark red. Another option would be to dye the lilac navy so that you'd have a fabulous new navy shoe with a gold toe. The sky is really the limit but it would be helpful to post pictures of the damage.