*Durable* structured and classy: suggestions?

I am a one-bag sort of woman and wear that bag for everything until it is done. But, I'm sick of getting only 1.5-2 years out of even £250 bags. So, I am looking for shoulder bag suggestions that are:
  • Durable as heck
  • Structured
  • Small to mid-sized
  • Quite elegant (most bags that are held up as super durable look a bit "rugged"
  • Around or under the $700/£500 mark, but I'd be willing to save up more for something extra amazing. £4,000 bags need not apply.
I have been scouring the internet and have found shockingly little on this topic, so I'm hoping that I have come to the source of all purse knowledge! Thank you in advance!

I am a one-bag sort of woman and wear that bag for everything until it is done. But, I'm sick of getting only 1.5-2 years out of even £250 bags. So, I am looking for shoulder bag suggestions that are:
  • Durable as heck
  • Structured
  • Small to mid-sized
  • Quite elegant (most bags that are held up as super durable look a bit "rugged"
  • Around or under the $700/£500 mark, but I'd be willing to save up more for something extra amazing. £4,000 bags need not apply.
I have been scouring the internet and have found shockingly little on this topic, so I'm hoping that I have come to the source of all purse knowledge! Thank you in advance!
It's
  • Durable as heck
  • Structured
  • Small to mid-sized
I've been rotating bags for quite a few years now but the last bag I carried every day for a few years was a Dooney bag from the Alto collection. Don't know if any of these would be to your liking.
https://www.dooney.com/collections/the-alto-collection/?pg=1&sz=24&start=0&contentTilesSlotCounter=2

• Durable as heck
  • Structured
  • Small to mid-sized
I have had quite good luck with Louis Vuitton canvas bags. If you don’t mind the leather handles and straps getting a patina from use (which I personally love),they last virtually forever and are more lightweight than leather. My first Louis purchased was preloved and cost less than going into a mid-level department store and paying full retail for more plentiful brands. Plus they hold some portion of your initial cost in resale potential if you decide to go that route later. And many are classic styles that are made even today so don’t look dated quickly. My first Louis was 25 years old when I bought it 2 yrs and I still have and use regularly and it is holding up great. Hope this helps.

Reactions: prepster
Reactions: sdkitty
I have had quite good luck with Louis Vuitton canvas bags. If you don’t mind the leather handles and straps getting a patina from use (which I personally love),they last virtually forever and are more lightweight than leather. My first Louis purchased was preloved and cost less than going into a mid-level department store and paying full retail for more plentiful brands. Plus they hold some portion of your initial cost in resale potential if you decide to go that route later. And many are classic styles that are made even today so don’t look dated quickly. My first Louis was 25 years old when I bought it 2 yrs and I still have and use regularly and it is holding up great. Hope this helps.
It does! Thank you for that information. A pre-loved LV sounds good and I'm fine with canvas if that really holds up as well as (or better than) leather. I'll just have to find one that does not have a logo print.

Hi Belle, have you purchased their bags before? I haven't heard of this brand before and would like to get some reviews on their quality.. thanks
I bought the black one and liked it so much that I bought the tri-color camel one a week later. I really like both of them. They are elegant and edgy. It is a very structured bag. And it is not one of the lightest ones I have. But I would not call it excessively heavy. Several say it is "smaller" than what they thought. But I would call it a small to medium bag. The four snaps allow you to change the size of the bag as you wish. I leave the front ones open all of the time. The bag still maintains it elegant shape but you can access things very easily. The quality is very good and I think for the price it is a great every day bag. Not to mention that leather smells divine. I have a few "premiere" designer bags and I think the quality is right up there with them.

These two bags are a couple of my favorites. There is a long thread on the Polene. If you do a search for "Polene" in titles only it will come up. I would attach the link, but have not figured out how to do that.

Reactions: DizzyFairy