Duplicate items

Mar 2, 2012
I apologize in advance if there is already a thread pertaining to my question.

Just under a year ago, I purchased the large canvas Steeple wallet in the neutral color. It was one of my first H purchases and I absolutely love it. I was always a bit concerned about getting it dirty as it is light in color as well as canvas. After months of use, it still looks as new as the day that I purchased it.

Long story short, I came across another one but this one is a grey blue. It's gorgeous. I have seen many of the neutral ones as well as the orange come through the store but never the blue. From what I understand, the blue is very rare so I went ahead and bought it. The wallets look like entirely different pieces and being a rider, equestrian items mean a lot to me. But again they are still the same size wallet, in the same pattern, serving the same function.

That being said, I have a rainbow of Grand Apparats, Clic-clac's, and CDC's (of course, jewelry, and accessories don't count as duplicates lol) but I had never thought of purchasing two of the same wallet just in different colors. Funny thing is, every time I open the box I just gasp at the beauty of the blue. Still I can't help wondering if I should exchange. I just wonder how much use I will get out of the blue and what would prompt me to switch from one wallet to the other being they are the same item--lol!! Come to think of it, I buy twillys as well as scarves of the same design in different colorways. I'm not really sure why having two of the same wallet feels strange to me. Hmmmmmm.

Any thoughts on this? Just wondering if other members do the same and purchase duplicate pieces in various colors.

Last edited:
I have the large steeple wallet and love it. I got it a year ago . A couple of months ago I saw the blue one on the shelf and it is lovely. I may even have been tempted had I not been picking up a fabulous stole! If you can use it keep it. It does have a different look to the neutral. Is it possible to obtain the small size in blue? Then you would have different sizes in different colours.

I have the large steeple wallet and love it. I got it a year ago . A couple of months ago I saw the blue one on the shelf and it is lovely. I may even have been tempted had I not been picking up a fabulous stole! If you can use it keep it. It does have a different look to the neutral. Is it possible to obtain the small size in blue? Then you would have different sizes in different colours.

Lol. I'm glad you said that!! I did see the small and I strongly considered it (it already sold lol!) but in my opinion, it's just not as beautiful only because the I love the size of the horses on the large wallet. Thank you so much for your opinion. The look of the two is very different :smile:

Quote: Funny thing is, every time I open the box I just gasp at the beauty of the blue.

Therein lies the answer to your question.

Yes! jmen said it best! You gasp at the beauty of it. That is enough reason to keep multiples. How often do you gasp at anything:P`

I have a Kelly Wallet in Parme chevre and it is absolutely stunning. It too me a while to start using it since I felt a bit afraid of ruining it. I am very careful with it but I do use it and I could see myself buying another one in a different colour. It is a fantastic wallet.

Darling I tend to be a duplicator in the sense that when something is functional and good looking I want to own more of the same thing, that said more often that not I find myself using the original purchase more than any other I don't know why this happens and with this I do not want you to not keep the wallet I'm just saying for some reason I just go back to number one. This is the exact same case with my darling man who is just as H addicted as me I bring it up since he buys wallets. His first was an orange Epsom copernique he always buys the same one and now has blue Jean black cognac and Mielle matte alligator still for some reason he always goes back to the orange and uses this a lot more .... So let me suggest the following keep it but use it say one per week or one every 2 weeks that way they will get equal use and your investments unlike mine will be justified. Hope it helps.birkel.

Thank you for the opinions everyone! Yes, must keep. So true, if I gasp at the beauty, why would I ever part with it--lol! It's truly a stunning wallet and yes, the blue is rare! You lovely ladies are always so helpful :smile: