dupes or not dupes

Dupe or not dupe

• Total voters
It depends on how similar the items are and whether it's their unique design or one that was floating around for awhile and they popularized it, for both jewelry and bags. In jewelry, the Love bracelet is distinctly Cartier, so I'd prefer to buy theirs in that case, but rolling rings originated long before Cartier released the Trinity, so I would wear an unbranded rolling ring. For bags, I felt the Coach x Tabitha Simmons Crossbody was too similar to Hermes' Lindy for me to buy, even if getting a Mini Lindy is nigh impossible, but I carry belted tote bags like the SDJ even though they're often compared to the Birkin.

Edit: I will add my sentiments are only for my purchases. I realize not everyone pays attention to fashion or there are others who do, but don't see the reason to spend money on a seasonal bag.

Last edited:
I would say if you really like that piece of jewelry, there's no reason not to wear it. As long as it doesn't have any logos or anything like that.

But, jewelry is rather small and not that many people know what a classic Cartier bracelet looks like, for example. With bags, they're more of a focal point of an outfit than a ring or a necklace. Personally, I wouldn't wear something that was an exact copy or a famous design, even if it didn't have any logos and therefore wasn't, strictly speaking, a fake.

But if it's inspired - that's a totally different thing, in my opinion. Lots of brands copy each other. Saint Laurent Manhattan looks somewhat like a Kelly. Lots of Saint Laurent, Gucci and Prada quilted bags have been inspired by Chanel and their Classic flap.

There's also the Box bag - Hermes Constance, Celine Box, Prada Don't remember what it's called, and many others.

And don't forget high street and contemporary brands getting inspired by designer bags, sometimes almost too close. Case in point: Prada Galleria and Tory Burch Robinson.

i love to buy inspired by things, I always go with contemporary brands in everything and it makes me really happy.
I just got a bag from Purificación García which almost identical to the flap classic and I love it, I also love my Mercer by MMK which is highly inspired by the Sac De Jour from YSL.
so I’m in favor of dupes but I prefer them from other brands than Amazon Dupes.

I once had a boy chanel dupe but it wasn’t an Amazon dupe it was a nice bag from Rebecca Minkoff.