Dry leather

fafa109

Dec 15, 2013
Hi gals,

Need some opinions from you all!

I just received my 2013 Dune PT from Bal online today and I found the leather is quite dry, stiff and not as shiney compare to my 2012 Anthracite city! Is it normal to have this kind of leather? This is the first Bal I have seen with dry and hard leather.

Is there any thing I can do with it or shall I return it to Bal?

I have attached some pics....
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1388764236.602257.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1388764256.700507.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1388764267.799532.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1388764284.235943.jpg

First of all, it is gorgeous! How are you liking the Dune color?

I'm sorry to hear the leather isn't great. I have heard that the Bal Neuroshing Cream is helpful, but I have not personally tried it.

First of all, it is gorgeous! How are you liking the Dune color?

I'm sorry to hear the leather isn't great. I have heard that the Bal Neuroshing Cream is helpful, but I have not personally tried it.

Thanks! I luv the colour this is the last one in their Italy warehouse!

I have been looking for a dune colour bag for some time and I found this one, but the leather is a little bit disappointing...

I live in the UK and I have not seen any Bal cream on sale anywhere. May I know where should I look for it?

Thanks!

Thanks! I luv the colour this is the last one in their Italy warehouse!

I have been looking for a dune colour bag for some time and I found this one, but the leather is a little bit disappointing...

I live in the UK and I have not seen any Bal cream on sale anywhere. May I know where should I look for it?

Thanks!

The Balenciaga boutiques carry the Balenciaga Nourishing creme. However, I would recommend Leather Honey (can be bought on Amazon). Using just a little bit, it will moisturize your bag and give it a nice gloss as well.

The Balenciaga boutiques carry the Balenciaga Nourishing creme. However, I would recommend Leather Honey (can be bought on Amazon). Using just a little bit, it will moisturize your bag and give it a nice gloss as well.

Thanks CeeJay! Will try too search for the leather honey... I don't want to let go and return this bag I know I'll regret it.

Hi!
At the bal store here in Honolulu, they've also recommended their nourishing Creme as well as the leather honey. The manager at the store here also has used lubriderm lotion (she rubs a little between her hands and then applies to the bag.) I've never used the Creme or the honey, but have heard great things about the honey.

That color is absolutely gorgeous!!

Gorgeous bag. I heard Lubriderm helps too. I have yet to try it but hopefully it helps.

I ordered 6 tubes of this and applied it to my black bb. (Not all 6 tubes only a little bit- but thought if invest)

Before I was in dyer straights didn't no how to restore my dry bag which was fading badly to a greeny grey colour because it was so dry. I tried apple products but didn't do anything for the bag. After drying it looked the same.

So I thought what have I got to loose I couldn't stand the way the bag had worn and hardly used it.
I applied a thin coat, by rubbing it in with my fingers and instantly it made a huge difference. I was amazed I wish I took a pic of Half and half of the bag to show the difference. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1389301841.660991.jpg

I ordered 6 tubes of this and applied it to my black bb. (Not all 6 tubes only a little bit- but thought if invest)

Before I was in dyer straights didn't no how to restore my dry bag which was fading badly to a greeny grey colour because it was so dry. I tried apple products but didn't do anything for the bag. After drying it looked the same.

So I thought what have I got to loose I couldn't stand the way the bag had worn and hardly used it.
I applied a thin coat, by rubbing it in with my fingers and instantly it made a huge difference. I was amazed I wish I took a pic of Half and half of the bag to show the difference. View attachment 2456697

Thanks for sharing! Will give it a try too!

Hate to be a spoil sport, but please don't put Lubriderm on your Bals! I've been told by experts, it is the wrong PH for leather, and will cause the leather to deteriorate over time.

Best to stick with products made for delicate leather.

Hate to be a spoil sport, but please don't put Lubriderm on your Bals! I've been told by experts, it is the wrong PH for leather, and will cause the leather to deteriorate over time.

Best to stick with products made for delicate leather.

Thx Conni! I haven't bought any Lubriderm yet as I'm waiting my LMB products and try that 1st! Thx for the heads up! X

I am a *huge* fan of Leather Honey. Ironically found the thread about how well it works before I fell in love with Bals.

I have used Leather Honey on almost every leather product I own (except an orange Fossil Explorer Flap - the leather is not treated and I would not be able to put it on evenly enough for it to be helpful).

I received my first Bal (2008 Charbon Twiggy) the other day and put two coats on it because it was dry. I have a couple of before/after photos. Leather Honey goes on "sticky" looking but overnight will absorb and make it super supple. I'm going to be treating the First & Box I received today that are showing a little dryness with their pre-loved state. Will take before/afters of those too!

7C3899E3-D136-46E2-885C-6E31ABFADDBC_zpso1j2ddvz.png

27416F61-695B-4A51-93CE-E9B7DF1205A4_zps6dhvsrm1.png