Dry Handles

lordguinny

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Hi everyone! I was wondering if you guys have ever had a problem with dry handles after using Magic Eraser? If so how did you resolve it? I am a little nervous about using conditioner since I've never done it before. And would you just apply it to the handles or the attachement piece too?

Thank you!:biggrin:

magic eraser is VERY VERY strong, and a ton of people and myself, alwaaaaaaaaays recommend a leather conditioner after using it because it sucks the life and moisture right out of leather. magic eraser is strong enough for household use to make white whiter and clean even cleaner, so naturally it'll make natural products like leather, dry out.

Bag Fetish said:
apple guard conditioner, the ME dries the leather out so it needs to be re-conditioned.

Where can I purchase apple guard conditioner? Can someone "teach" me how to do it? Also, do I treat the flaps where the bag is attached to as well?

Does the conditioner need to be applied immediately after ME has been used or can it be used later? Some time has lapsed since the handles were ME'd.

Thank you so much ladies! :flowers:

LV Rawks said:
http://leatherstuff.com/shop/index.php?id=269
I use Apple Guard, and I love it...it is very easy to use.

LV, thank you! I think the ME that was previously used on my bag dried it out. It kinda has that "powered" look and isn't shiny. With the appleguard can I just spread it liberally over everything? Or do I have to be careful to avoid the canvas? I don't want an uneven colored bag! :shocked:

Thanks LovinLeather, but I'm trying to find something to apply asap.

Isn't apple guard conditioner used to clean? My handles are very clean it just appears as though someone went ME happy with the handles and they need to be moisturized. :blink: The product with the Ph reversion sounds great but I was hoping to pick up something tomorrow. :hrmm:

I am not sure about using the Apple Guard for cleaning, I have only used it when my bags were brand new for conditioning and water proofing. The bottle says the following:
"Apple brand leather care is specially formulated to gently clean, condition, and preserve finished, exotic, naked, and simulated leathers. It's wax-free formulation removes surface dirt and provides water resistance".

LV Rawks said:
I am not sure about using the Apple Guard for cleaning, I have only used it when my bags were brand new for conditioning and water proofing. The bottle says the following:
"Apple brand leather care is specially formulated to gently clean, condition, and preserve finished, exotic, naked, and simulated leathers. It's wax-free formulation removes surface dirt and provides water resistance".

LV, did the conditioner darken your vanchetta? Did you apply it all over, including the canvas? Thank yoU!