drugstore equivalent to DiorShow masacara?

one fifty

Dec 22, 2008
I like DiorShow the one time I tried it, but because I rarely wear mascara most of my mascara tubes get tossed only after 6 or less uses because by then it's 3 months old!

So am not sure about buying DiorShow, is there a drugstore mascara that you have found to be very similar?

I've had great luck with Cover Girl Lash Blast (some people say the wand is too big but it works for me), and Maybelline the Colossal volum' express.

I actually like Voluminous better than Diorshow. I found Voluminous a lot less clumpy and smoother. Maybe I got a bad batch of Diorshow as I liked the Iconic better. The DS is sooo clumpy and doesn't feel high end at all and won't be trying it again.

I haven't tried anything else just like Diorshow, because they all lack that ginormous brush. Some of the newer ones like Lash Blast have the huge brush, but it's a rubbery one instead of bristle-y like Dior's. Max Factor 2000 Calorie is a good volumizing mascara though. Its consistency is similar to Diorshow and it doesn't have a rubbery brush; you just need more coats, because the brush is smaller. HTH!

I used to use Voluminous about 8 or 9 years ago, back when I used L'Oreal everything, I loved it then. I'm not sure why I quit using it, I guess because I've always been on the hunt for my HG mascara and thought there was something else out there that was better, maybe it's time to go back to it.

Great thread and suggestions! I've read so much about Diorshow, but I smelled it at Sephora and I can't tolerate the smell. I was really pretty underwhelmed by CG Lash Blast though even though a lot of ladies here like it. I thought it was just okay, but nothing special.

I haven't tried the Dior, but my fav drugstore mascara's are Max factor's. Really all of them are good, I think I like the lash perfection the best. But volume couture is good too.