Dress for winter wedding

sparksfly

O.G.
Feb 3, 2012
Fiancé's sister is getting married the end of December. Any suggestions for what to wear?

It’s black tie optional so I’d like to go with something fancier considering it’s close to New Years. Perhaps something with sequins?

Fiancé's sister is getting married the end of December. Any suggestions for what to wear?

It’s black tie optional so I’d like to go with something fancier considering it’s close to New Years. Perhaps something with sequins?
Hard to give you solid advice unless we know what you look like, where the event takes place, and what your budget might be.

I would start looking now while you still have plenty of time until the event, as it's best to not be time pressured. I think what to choose is pretty open ended, depends what you like, sequins sound fun and I'm sure you'll see many choices in stores with the holidays coming soon. Velvet is really pretty too for winter. You can always add a sweater, wrap, or coat to a sleeveless or strapless dress if needed for warmth.

Reactions: JolieS
Are you a member of the official wedding party, or will you be sitting at the head table? If you are, there might be a colour scheme or dress code to respect.