Dreaming up NEW stones for VCA to use in their Alhambra line

Still searching for other MOP variations and I came across this. WOW! Can you imagine this gorgeous blue/ green/ purple/ rainbow iridescent color (the right side of the picture)?

Although, I can imagine that this particular color might prove too be quite difficult to source and maybe a bit too lively for a 10 motif but it would be spectacular as a pendant or in the in the Alhambra lucky collection as an accent in a multi-color bracelet or necklace Can you imagine this with turquoise, lapis, malachite, onyx and MOP?

I guess I am outing myself as I really want VCA to bring in something new and fresh in Blue or Pink! And, I do not think that I am only one.

IMG_1504370051.532506.jpg

Last edited:
Pink opal. Cartier uses it so it seems reasonable for VCA to use it.

Yes, Pink opal! I have pondered why they have never used any opal stones before. My mind went to Pink MOP because they have already used the white and grey in the past, but opal is another one that seems to be readily available and quite lovely!

Would you consider sharing a picture of the Cartier Pink Opal piece? I love seeing what shades other people are envisioning.

Last edited:
TGG- so glad to hear all is ok with you. My heart breaks for the Texans. I made a donation to the Red Cross and wish I could do more.

TexasGirlieGirl is a doll and I like you, I am so relieved that she and her precious family are all safe. It also saddens me deeply what all Texans are dealing with right now. Hurricanes are scary and the aftermath/ clean-up is a nightmare. I too wish I could do more.

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
Yes, I truly thought about the qualities of chalcedony and carnelian and maybe I didn't explain myself with my idea of opaque. I know those do let some light through but not as much as a polished tourmaline stone would. How would you describe it? Semi-opaque, maybe? Or would you use a different word altogether?

And the porcelain colors, although beyond beautiful, I have also never understood why VCA didn't go and look in nature. The major pluses I can see for VCA utilizing porcelain is that it does offer consistency in color in every lot as well and is limitless in color options. But isn't the beauty of the variations in individual pieces what we all love about all of our stones in our jewelry?
I understood your point.:flowers:
While VCA hasn't used transparent stones before they certainly could fit items like bracelets and necklaces since the quadrafoils are double sided.
VCA needs to look "outside of the box"...

Reactions: tbbbjb
I would love it if vca did an Alhambra jade line. Sometimes you see pieces online and they are beautiful

They actually did do green jade years and years ago! I think it might be cost prohibitive now. I was actually wondering about lavender jade. But, that might be cost prohibitive and difficult to source.

I have a pictures of vintage VCA green Jade Alhambra pieces that I have collected over the years. I'll see if I cannot find one and post it as it is truly beautiful.

Reactions: doloresmia
They actually did do green jade years and years ago! I think it might be cost prohibitive now. I was actually wondering about lavender jade. But, that might be cost prohibitive and difficult to source.

I have a pictures of vintage VCA green Jade Alhambra pieces that I have collected over the years. I'll see if I cannot find one and post it as it is truly beautiful.
They can use green nephrite not green jade which is inexpensive.