Double Eyelid Surgery Consultation, Clinics, and Tips

Yikes.. that's too bad for your friend. I hope everything goes well with her!
How did you friend learn about Ive?
This is one of the things I was worried about before writing about my experience here, because just because it went really well for me and other people I know doesn't mean it's always going to go well for everyone.

You are the one that went with MVP right? I know in this thread (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/des-at-mvp.1007590/#post-33470775) you were like the only one that had a good experience with MVP while everyone was talking about how they leave you hanging in their waiting rooms forever and rush you. I mean people all have different experiences and they should go with how they feel about the doc/gut feeling is totally a thing I feel. I'm glad everything went alright with you and you chose the right doc for you! :smile:

Yea usually doctors charge different prices, but that is normal since they all have different experiences. It is the same thing at hair salons (at least the places I go to in the US and Korea) too.. the head stylist always charges more.

I didn’t ask where she know about IVE, but i found IVE from purseforum / review someone from kakao have a very good result

I agree with you, after i come to korea i feel like every people have different experiences with every clinic
Some people have high expectations and some hv low expectations
It also makes me hesitate to share my review as well.. maybe it’s best to never recommend certain clinic because everyone will have different experience

Yes, I tried to share my experience since i read lots of complaints about waiting time
Which i find weird, i did wait a little before surgery but they always keep me busy like filling the form and such
But i tought it’s normal? This is my very first surgery so i have very low standard

I’m still recovering and couldn’t say much about the result :smile:

I didn’t ask where she know about IVE, but i found IVE from purseforum / review someone from kakao have a very good result

I agree with you, after i come to korea i feel like every people have different experiences with every clinic
Some people have high expectations and some hv low expectations
It also makes me hesitate to share my review as well.. maybe it’s best to never recommend certain clinic because everyone will have different experience

Yes, I tried to share my experience since i read lots of complaints about waiting time
Which i find weird, i did wait a little before surgery but they always keep me busy like filling the form and such
But i tought it’s normal? This is my very first surgery so i have very low standard

I’m still recovering and couldn’t say much about the result :smile:
Hi @Stefflie,
How long ago did you have your surgery with MVP? MVP is still on my list, others are item and wannabe and Ive. Saw your post about ur friend's experience at Ive. Did read about post saying that in some cases doc might redo ptosis if the eyes not balance on early postop after stitch removal or something.

No I haven't, but it could still be a good clinic! I am not an expert; just giving my experiences so people have more options.

I'm glad that it helped you! :smile: Let me know how your surgery/consultations go.
Hi @lemmetellu,
I was actually considering shinseung dr shim but realised he is not ps board certified. Isnt it important to be ps board certified? Tried to search on this link http://www.prskorea.co.kr/mobile/

Hi @Stefflie,
How long ago did you have your surgery with MVP? MVP is still on my list, others are item and wannabe and Ive. Saw your post about ur friend's experience at Ive. Did read about post saying that in some cases doc might redo ptosis if the eyes not balance on early postop after stitch removal or something.

i did my surgery on 29 nov 2019
And remove stitches on day 5 (4 dec )
Very recently :smile:
I saw youtube videos that ITEM is very popular among locals (they’re not sponsored i think)
Located in one big tower buildings with starbucks etc.. it’s nearby my airbnb and i passby several time

abt the ptosis yes, the consultant at mvp also warn me about that but luckily my eyes turn out good, dr.Seo did a good job with my ptosis, so i dont need to do any correction

Reactions: MissOrange
i did my surgery on 29 nov 2019
And remove stitches on day 5 (4 dec )
Very recently :smile:
I saw youtube videos that ITEM is very popular among locals (they’re not sponsored i think)
Located in one big tower buildings with starbucks etc.. it’s nearby my airbnb and i passby several time

abt the ptosis yes, the consultant at mvp also warn me about that but luckily my eyes turn out good, dr.Seo did a good job with my ptosis, so i dont need to do any correction
hi @Stefflie,
Can I see your b&a photos? How much did you pay for ptosis and incisional? Maybe can talk on kakao?
i will share my id via msg, pls chk ur inbox

Hi, i just want to share
My friend (from kakao chat) we’re now currently at korea doing eyelid surgery so we share & chat quite a lot

she done the non-incision + ptosis correction at IVE and she need to redo one eyelid because the ptosis correction are not balance after few days healing

I don’t say that Dr at IVE done a bad job, at least they tell her to fix right away before leaving (i dont know how much longer she will stay or such but i hope she’s healing fine)

but I wouldnt want to redo my eyes after few days healing and need to go through all the swollen all over again

Maybe it’s normal for us who do ptosis correction to redo one eye

Luckily my incisional DES + ptosis correction turns fine at different clinic
Im still very much swollen and will remove my stiches day after tmr

I used to feel like maybe i’ve done a bad desicion choosing clinic right away before consulting to 2-3 clinics (IVE was on my list) but i was kinda relieved not choosing IVE when i heard she need to do correction on 1 eye again

it’s very hard to choose a clinic & doctors in korea
Maybe it’s a matter of luck

I sincerely hope all of our surgery turns out successful wherever clinic we choose! ❤️
Hi @Stefflie,
I'm going to Sk this Dec for Des & ptosis. Can we connect through Kakao?
My kakao is Trgle07.

Hi @lemmetellu,
I was actually considering shinseung dr shim but realised he is not ps board certified. Isnt it important to be ps board certified? Tried to search on this link http://www.prskorea.co.kr/mobile/

Dunno about that as I didn't end up going with him.
My uncle (who is a PS doctor) is the one who recommended Ive to me and after I chose my doctor I didn't really do any more research on the others. Sorry.

Hi @lemmetellu
I'm going to consult with Ive next week. Can I drop you a private message through Kakao. Please add my kakao Id as Trag07. Many thanks!

Hey, I would actually prefer to keep all of this type of talk (PS) on purseforum as I like to keep my private life separate.

I actually live in Korea, so I have a lot attached to my kakao ID (for work and private life) that I don't want to expose online.

Sorry! But you can message me on here if you like.

Hey, I would actually prefer to keep all of this type of talk (PS) on purseforum as I like to keep my private life separate.

I actually live in Korea, so I have a lot attached to my kakao ID (for work and private life) that I don't want to expose online.

Hello, do you any any popular clinic amongs locals for rhinoplasty? Thanks

Do you know any good clinics according to naver cafe for facial contour and eye surgery

Hello, do you any any popular clinic amongs locals for rhinoplasty? Thanks

Do you know any good clinics according to naver cafe for facial contour and eye surgery

I only searched for double eyelid surgery so I don't know about any of the others. If you want to see some of the places that were on my list other than the 3 I mentioned to open this post, you can check out page 2 (there are like 10-15 clinics on there that I was thinking about).

Hi lemmetellu,

As countless have already said, thank you for the helpful information and fresh perspective you've given.

I'm Korean but my Korean is really sub-par as I live overseas so I've been limited to clinics who are more open to foreigners. I'm seriously considering Ive as well and will probably ask a relative to come with me to a consultation but currently I've had Mina, VIPS, and Answer on my list. Do you know much about any of them?

Thanks again and wish you a Merry Christmas!

Hi, i’d like to give back after getting so much helpful information at PF :smile:
This forums really help me decide on which clinic to go and tips and trick for PS newbies like me

this is my before after, i got no creases whatsover
And the after photo was taken exactly 1 month after the incision DES & PTOSIS surgery with Dr.Seo MVP
I was glad & happy that i got a successful result, i like it and it’s finally a bit normal to go out (not much people gonna stare you right in the eyes)

I’ll be off PF for a while after this to catch up with life :smile:
Hope you have successful results in whatever procedure you’re going through

thank you peps!

Attachments

• 7CF11E7A-F678-4791-985B-80380B0227D8.jpeg
    7CF11E7A-F678-4791-985B-80380B0227D8.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 192
Hi lemmetellu,

As countless have already said, thank you for the helpful information and fresh perspective you've given.

I'm Korean but my Korean is really sub-par as I live overseas so I've been limited to clinics who are more open to foreigners. I'm seriously considering Ive as well and will probably ask a relative to come with me to a consultation but currently I've had Mina, VIPS, and Answer on my list. Do you know much about any of them?

Thanks again and wish you a Merry Christmas!
Hi,

Sorry I don't but I'm not like an expert on PS... I literally only started looking for my DES and then I stopped after I got my surgery.
If you can read some Korean you can go look on Naver blogs and cafes for the clinics you mentioned (write them in Korean).