Double Eyelid Surgery Consultation, Clinics, and Tips

Thanks for the reply.
I see. For IVE is there a website/Fb/IG? Which doc you recommend for IVE? I can’t seem to find on google how do you contact them? I’m looking at shinseung dr. Shin too. And Eve did you consult Eve?

Ive only has one doctor and I provided a link to their website on the 19th post of this thread (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-clinics-and-tips.980396/page-2#post-32071146)

I've thought about going to Korea too. How long do you guys plan to stay there? I know usually there are check-ins for complications later. I've only had my eyes done in the US. I had to get it done twice. The guy is Avery respected surgeon in the area but every surgeon where I live have no Asian patients so I felt like an experiment. I will probably get them redone in a bigger city with many Asian people but I'd prefer to get my nose done first. I'm just scared now

I remember for prom I got my hair done at a local salon but I lived in a place with 90% white people. As you can imagine, the hair turned out terrible and the hair stylist kept complaining my hair was too "slippery."
I would never get any facial surgery from anyone who does not have experience with people of my ethnicity tbh. While terrible hair for prom sucks, plastic surgery is supposed to be for forever. I strongly urge you to come to Korea (if you are East Asian) and get some consultations rather than getting more done in the States.

Pls kindly provide ema

Pls kindly provide email id/ watsapp of ive,opera,oscar,,real,jaedon,secret,topface,laprin

Girl.. I provided links to their websites. Please at least do the minimum research yourself. You can easily find their email or kakaotalk on the homepages.

above 3 required

Top clinic?????? I think there is no such a place.
People should be careful that good or positive reviews are usually fake.
Negative reviews on USA are deleted on plastic surgery review sites. Most of those sites are there for pro plastic cosmetic surgery procedures. I been watching sites like Realself deleting negative reviews for over 1.5 decades. That is the reason why most of their procedures have high ratings. These kinds of websites are setup to promote surgery procedures. Doctors paid fees to be on those websites and they are on that websites for advertisements too..............

My surgery procedures was all botched due to this very dishonest doctor didn't put in the proper time to doing it right. I paid top dollars.
I couldn't have got it done in USA but I thought I can get better results in an Asian country than in USA In USA there is less than 5.7% Asians and this includes Pakistani and Indians.. I am still in a lot of pain.. Horrible pain and the result is very bad..... USA cost of living is much high than in Taiwan and I was charged USA price. Result is a nightmare My worst botched surgery couldn't be as bad as the actually outcome........ The doctor was arrogant after surgery........ No doctor in the USA would do surgery that way due to liability........ I asked him he didn't tell me so he is a big fraud. By not telling me when I asked him which really mean he is super money hungry. I would never given informed consent for this type of barbaric surgery in Taipei, Taiwan.... I later found out under his alias name his has a number of complaints filed against him.

Not only South Korea may not be a good place . Also there is the aftercare that you forgot to factor into the equation. Most of the time you end maybe paying more money aboard for surgery due to expensive airline ticket, hotels, food, etc............... And the worst you they charged you top dollars when they know you are from USA, Canada, Europe..... Local people in South Korea pay maybe 1/2 to 1/3 less than a foreigner in South Korea and Taiwan...
Also there is so many botched surgery even in Taiwan... The law is not on your side. Even if you sue him, you only get back what you paid for a botched surgery and on top of that a huge lawyer fee and endless pain and headaches.... Lawyers in foreign countries may not be representing you in the best way and just take your money. I was shocked that lawyers there charge more than in the USA for botched surgery cases......... WTF....
Please take my advice just do it in your home country.........
If you want to know more about my surgery experience overseas you can email me at [email protected]. I didn't know the plastic surgeon I gone to had an alias english name. Had I knew it then I could have avoided the bad surgery outcome.... He has some very bad reviews under his alias english name.........................

Last edited:
Top clinic?????? I think there is no such a place.
People should be careful that good or positive reviews are usually fake.
Negative reviews on USA are deleted on plastic surgery review sites. Most of those sites are there for pro plastic cosmetic surgery procedures. I been watching sites like Realself deleting negative reviews for over 1.5 decades. That is the reason why most of their procedures have high ratings. These kinds of websites are setup to promote surgery procedures. Doctors paid fees to be on those websites and they are on that websites for advertisements too..............

My surgery procedures was all botched due to this very dishonest doctor didn't put in the proper time to doing it right. I paid top dollars.
I couldn't have got it done in USA but I thought I can get better results in an Asian country than in USA In USA there is less than 5.7% Asians and this includes Pakistani and Indians.. I am still in a lot of pain.. Horrible pain and the result is very bad..... USA cost of living is much high than in Taiwan and I was charged USA price. Result is a nightmare My worst botched surgery couldn't be as bad as the actually outcome........ The doctor was arrogant after surgery........ No doctor in the USA would do surgery that way due to liability........ I asked him he didn't tell me so he is a big fraud. By not telling me when I asked him which really mean he is super money hungry. I would never given informed consent for this type of barbaric surgery in Taipei, Taiwan.... I later found out under his alias name his has a number of complaints filed against him.

Not only South Korea may not be a good place . Also there is the aftercare that you forgot to factor into the equation. Most of the time you end maybe paying more money aboard for surgery due to expensive airline ticket, hotels, food, etc............... And the worst you they charged you top dollars when they know you are from USA, Canada, Europe..... Local people in South Korea pay maybe 1/2 to 1/3 less than a foreigner in South Korea and Taiwan...
Also there is so many botched surgery even in Taiwan... The law is not on your side. Even if you sue him, you only get back what you paid for a botched surgery and on top of that a huge lawyer fee and endless pain and headaches.... Lawyers in foreign countries may not be representing you in the best way and just take your money. I was shocked that lawyers there charge more than in the USA for botched surgery cases......... WTF....
Please take my advice just do it in your home country.........
If you want to know more about my surgery experience overseas you can email me at [email protected]. I didn't know the plastic surgeon I gone to had an alias english name. Had I knew it then I could have avoided the bad surgery outcome.... He has some very bad reviews under his alias english name.........................

I can't really understand your post. Did you get your surgery in Korea or US?

Also, clinics that cater to foreigners may charge different prices but clinics that cater to Koreans usually offer the same deals since they don't have separate pricing lists (since they don't normally have foreign patients).

Mate Cant find oscar,secret,ive email/watsapp.....plz provide...cant understand korean
I've got to apologise to you, lemmetellu, on behalf of Jollyjollyj; here you are taking time out of your day to write such detailed responses to queries on this thread and providing us with invaluable insider insight on clinics in Seoul and Jolly barges in and straight up DEMANDS you find these contact details. Jolly, I don't know Korean either girl! Make do with Google translate instead of telling some poor stranger on the internet to get it for you like some golden retriever.

From the bottom of my heart thank you for doing this tread and helping us all out lemmetellu, we (at least some of us...) really truly appreciate it.

I've got to apologise to you, lemmetellu, on behalf of Jollyjollyj; here you are taking time out of your day to write such detailed responses to queries on this thread and providing us with invaluable insider insight on clinics in Seoul and Jolly barges in and straight up DEMANDS you find these contact details. Jolly, I don't know Korean either girl! Make do with Google translate instead of telling some poor stranger on the internet to get it for you like some golden retriever.

From the bottom of my heart thank you for doing this tread and helping us all out lemmetellu, we (at least some of us...) really truly appreciate it.

exactly my thoughts!! Some people are so entitled... Thank you so much lemmetellu. Your post was so helpful and it’s a shame to see how some people are acting here.

Reactions: starlight107
Yep! That is the one! I did end up going through with the epi and my family and friends told me it looks nice. My biggest worry was looking like my eyes were too close together so I am very pleased.
This doctor used to work at Dream but he came out and started this one on his own.

Sure! Send me a DM
hey angel! how do I find this doc? where is he working now?

Hi Letmetellu,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your contribution to this forum which I benefit have benefited many of us in our journey of finding a suitable plastic surgery clinic in Korea.

As you're a local korean, can I check if you have hear anything about Nana Plastic Surgery Clinic? https://www.nanaprs.com/
Is there anything I need to be aware of?

1. Shinseung
This place was a recommendation by a friend who got her non-incisional DES done here. She found this clinic through her sister who got revisional DES and was satisfied. My friend only got hers done like five months ago, but it already looks really nice and natural. There is only one doctor.
When I entered this clinic, I was a little shocked since the receptionist had like a facial injury or something so one of her eyes was like an inch lower than her other eye. Usually I don't judge, but since this is a plastic surgery clinic where I was going for my eyes, I couldn't help but judge. This already put me off a little. There was one other girl in the waiting area and she had a Hermes bag (so I was thinking she probably wouldn't go to any random clinic). Her face also looked like she got a lot of plastic surgery, if you know what I mean (in Korea, we call it 성괴).
I was seen by the doctor within 10 minutes of arriving, which was great. The only time I saw the 실장 was after the doctor consultation to discuss prices. The doctor recommended I only get non-incisional DES. He said epi was my choice, but that there were benefits and disadvantages to it. He is famous for revisional epi on Korean celebs as well, so I thought he knew what he was talking about. The only thing I was put off my was that he seemed tired? IDK.. he was just not that detailed about my face during the consultation. He just looked at it from across the table and just showed me the line he wanted to draw, but he seemed a little distracted. Here, you get general anesthesia for 5 min to get local anesthesia. Then you are woken up to continue the surgery. The surgery is supposed to take 30 min.
I got a good price due to my friend's recommendation.

2. MVP
I went to this place only because of PurseForum. I was curious about how different the clinic would be if it was recommended by non-Koreans. First thing is that they use the entire building; it is a huge clinic with multiple doctors. The 실장 kept saying "we are not a factory like those OTHER clinics. Dr. Seo only does 4 surgeries a day." which all seemed kind of fishy, but who knows. I saw the 실장 first who discussed the surgery, then the doctor, then saw the 실장 again for prices.
I was recommended only non-incisional DES. I was told it would be general (for 5 min) + local anesthesia, and the non-incisional DES would only take 10(!) minutes. How can it be so quick? Apparently, it's because he is just that great of a doctor. Incisional DES would take 30 min. I know the secretary told me this to assure me that he was skilled, but it actually put me off of the clinic. Even the best surgeon, in my opinion, should be taking some time to check and re-check the lines before making changes to someone's face instead of doing it quickly. Also, the 10 min made me real skeptical that he was only doing 4 surgeries a day. I didn't care if he did more, but it just seemed suspicious to me and put me on guard.
Another annoying fact was that they kept us waiting for almost an hour to see the doc. We asked them what was taking so long and the secretary said "well patients normally wait 30-60 min to see the doctor." She said it like it was a given, so we just said we were going to leave. She then said the doctor was ready to see us in 5 min, so we just stayed. The doctor was nice enough tho. He seemed to really care about the best kind of eye shape for me.
We had to pay 10,000 won consultation fee, and we got an okay price for the non-incisional DES. This was the cheapest out of all the places we saw.

3. Ive
This place was recommended by a family member who is also a plastic surgeon. There is only one doctor here who is well known on Korean cafes for being very detailed. I saw the doctor first then saw the 실장 to discuss prices.
When I met the doctor, he spent about 3 minutes not speaking, just examining my face. He even brought out a ruler to measure! Finally, he asked what kind of eyes I wanted and he eventually recommended non-incisional DES. He also said epi would add an additional spark, but it was my choice if I wanted it or not.
Non-incisional DES (30 min) is only local anesthesia.
Non-incision DES with epi (60 min) is general for 5 min + local anesthesia then awake the rest of the time.
I really agreed with the Korean cafes that said he was 꼼꼼해. This doctor is also famous in Korea for eyes, and even Korean cafes said that he was double the price of other clinics, but worth it. They also said that he does not recommend unnecessary surgeries. However, for me, he was the only one that kind of recommended epi. He said it was my choice, but the fact that he recommended it in the first place made me all confused since the previous two places didn't mention it at all.
I eventually just canceled the rest of my appointments and just decided to go with this clinic. I had to pay 10,000 won consultation fee originally, but since I just made the appointment right then, I didn't have to pay it. This place ended up being only slightly more expensive than Shinseung, but that's because I got a fantastic deal through my uncle's referral.

I would have had difficulty choosing between Shinseung and MVP... I felt that both doctors were skilled, but missing that little spark/push I needed. When I consulted with Ive, I felt assured that he would spend his time with each cut and really give me the best shape.
I will say Shinseung and Ive seemed like they only had Korean patients. MVP seemed like they only had Chinese and foreigner patients since I didn't hear Korean from a single patient. Who knows, though.
The prices were MVP < Shinseung < Ive
I don't want to give the exact prices, but all prices I was quoted at all clinics were between $600 and $1500 (depending on with or without epi).

My biggest tip is to state a name for referral if you have one and if you know that person got a good deal. Don't name a referral if they paid more than you thought they should. The clinics will just try to match your price with the referral's price.
Another tip is to haggle them down and then at the end ask them how much further they would be willing to go down if you paid in cash. Only mention the cash price at the very end so that the price goes down further.

I ended up getting the surgery at Ive, so if anyone wants to know about the surgery itself and aftercare, I can do it.

Hope this helped a little! I just wanted to give some of my thoughts so that you guys have more choices. You can ask me questions about anything in the comments.

Hi There! I would love to see your eyes if possible? Thank you

So many people asked for pics through DM, but I'm uncomfortable sharing my pics online, so I searched for some reviews.
It's really hard, because Ive doesn't use brokers, I guess, so it took a while for me to find these pictures. Also, all these pictures are like less than 3 months, so you will see that they still have swelling (or uneven eyelid swelling in some cases since the pics are like.. 8 days from surgery).
BTW, I could only find reviews in Korean.

Review #1
Review #2
Review #3
Review #4 and Part 2
Review #5 and Part 2

As you can see, the results are really natural... it's not glamorous like some other places (like Cinderella PS, etc.). If you want glamorous, I don't think this place is for you. I myself was only looking for natural DES so that people won't be able to tell I got PS if they didn't know me.

Also, there are different eye styles (in-out, in-line, out-line, etc) and you can see that there are a variety of them in the reviews. I personally got the in-line, and it looks great so far (less than 6 months since surgery, so I still have some swelling left). Most of my swelling was gone after like 8 or so days, so I could leave the house without sunglasses after that time. But as you know, it takes 6 months to a year for all your swelling to go away.

Hope this helps!

Hi lemmetellu! Thank you for the detailed review, really appreciate it! I am new here so don't know that to DM you, but could you let me know how much they quoted you for your surgery? You can add me on kkt at yourstruly :smile: Thank you!

-----

I am also thinking of starting a new post with dermatology clinics for skin care (like pore reduction, smoother skin, skin discoloring correction, etc.) I've recently started getting into skincare treatments now that I am finally starting to see the effects of aging. I have been getting aqua peels and have been going around to many clinics (aqua peels are non-invasive so I usually just go to the cleanest and cheapest clinic. lol..) There are a TON of clinics for laser treatments and lots of random names for the procedures that even I get confused sometimes. Let me know if you are interested and I will think about posting it here.

@lemmetellu first of all THANK YOU SO MUCH for starting this thread and your detailed experience, tips, and even replying until today! If you have started a post / thread about dermatology care please do share the link here! I’m sure many of us would find it VERY HELPFUL! Thanks again!!

Hi lemmetellu, thanks so much for this detailed review. I was interested in going to Ive but couldn't see any reviews on Gangnam Unnie - did you look on this before going ahead and were you able to see anything?