Double Eyelid at ITEM?

Sooo I actually got refused by ITEM because they started a policy where if you flew in from a different country and have not stayed in Korea for at least two weeks they won’t allow you in the clinic. They’re trying to be cautious for the coronavirus I guess.. even though i tried telling them there’s no coronavirus cases where I’m from and showed them my passport. I did my surgery at Mate plastic surgery with Dr. Kim. I’m actually glad because the prices there are much lower and the facility looks more updated too. The doctor was super nice and detailed. My eyes are still swollen so can’t say if it turned out how I wanted but I didn’t have much bruising and no post op infection.
Also did Mate have an in house translator or did you bring your own translator?

Also did Mate have an in house translator or did you bring your own translator?
they don’t have an in house translator. I asked them for recommendations on a translator and they brought one in for me. Since I scheduled surgery with them they ended up waiving the fee for the translator :smile: sorry I don’t feel comfortable sharing my b and a pics..

Sooo I actually got refused by ITEM because they started a policy where if you flew in from a different country and have not stayed in Korea for at least two weeks they won’t allow you in the clinic. They’re trying to be cautious for the coronavirus I guess.. even though i tried telling them there’s no coronavirus cases where I’m from and showed them my passport. I did my surgery at Mate plastic surgery with Dr. Kim. I’m actually glad because the prices there are much lower and the facility looks more updated too. The doctor was super nice and detailed. My eyes are still swollen so can’t say if it turned out how I wanted but I didn’t have much bruising and no post op infection.

Do you know if the policy applies to all foreign patients? I contacted ITEM and they told me it only applies to SEA patients, and that North America is ok. I’m planning on going to Seoul in May for DES and ITEM is one of my top three... I’m Canadian, but I’ll be traveling through Japan first and definitely won’t be able to spend 2 weeks in Korea before surgery, so trying to see if it’s even worth going anymore :sad:

Do you know if the policy applies to all foreign patients? I contacted ITEM and they told me it only applies to SEA patients, and that North America is ok. I’m planning on going to Seoul in May for DES and ITEM is one of my top three... I’m Canadian, but I’ll be traveling through Japan first and definitely won’t be able to spend 2 weeks in Korea before surgery, so trying to see if it’s even worth going anymore :sad:
Did you end up going to Korea feijai? The 14 day quarantine after touching down in Seoul is still in place, who knows when it will end :doh:

@kay9999 I went to Mate PS (i mainly followed the doctor, who was formerly from Topface, but left to set up his own clinic in Aug 2019).

@rengo I consulted Dr Lee Jun Woo at Item (but that is because I wanted a higher crease and I liked his before/after results). The main eye doctor at Item is Dr Kim Jin Sung though. However, as the before/after results I have seen at Item were rather inconsistent compared to Dr Kim Geun Shik at Mate PS, I went with Mate PS eventually. The other clinic I consulted was PR Plastic Surgery, but they were aggressive in pushing for additional procedures, and the price quote was ridiculous.

I eventually also did rhinoplasty (tip only) at slightly more than $1.5mil (before tax refund) 3 weeks after my DES (also at Mate PS). Couldn't be happier with my results.
Hi! I can’t seem to find a way to PM you. I wanted to talk to you about Mate PS bc there isn’t much information online about them. Can I have your KK so I can message you?

Hi do you like your result? Can you please share the Mate plastic surgery contact and info. Thanks a lot for sharing

Which clinic us too 1 and 2 can you pelsee share? I’m still researching

@kay9999 I went to Mate PS (i mainly followed the doctor, who was formerly from Topface, but left to set up his own clinic in Aug 2019).

@rengo I consulted Dr Lee Jun Woo at Item (but that is because I wanted a higher crease and I liked his before/after results). The main eye doctor at Item is Dr Kim Jin Sung though. However, as the before/after results I have seen at Item were rather inconsistent compared to Dr Kim Geun Shik at Mate PS, I went with Mate PS eventually. The other clinic I consulted was PR Plastic Surgery, but they were aggressive in pushing for additional procedures, and the price quote was ridiculous.

I eventually also did rhinoplasty (tip only) at slightly more than $1.5mil (before tax refund) 3 weeks after my DES (also at Mate PS). Couldn't be happier with my results.
Hello! Can you share your before and after photos with me if you feel comfortable? I am considering going to Mate PS for DES :smile:

Hello! If you dont mind, what did they end up charging you for DES? I am thinking of going this Jan however they quoted me a little high :sad: