Double charged at outlet!

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Now I am looking at my receipt and see I got charged double for an expensive item. Has this happend to anyone before. When the open I will call them. Do you think they will give me hard time? I am so upset.

I just called the manager and she said it is too crazy in the store right now but that she will call me on Tuesday after she researches it - it was a mahogany Thompson slim tote ($295) and there was only one of that color in the store and and only about four of them total.
I was calm and nice and I think she will refund me. We will see on Tuesday. The SA also will remember me - I talk to her all the time.
Thank you all for your sage advice! You ladies are so nice!

They had better refund you, and if they give you any hassle at all, go right to your credit card company - they'll take it off for you and deal with the store themselves.

I actually got charged a second time for a bag once when I was actually returning it! That will teach me not to look at the receipt before puttting it away. But this was at at Nordstrom Rack, and since the card was my Nordstrom Visa, it was super easy to get it fixed over the phone. I even got a handwritten apology letter from the store manager!

I got overcharged for a sale bag once and the store adjusted it over the phone. I think you should be ok. They will ask the SA who sold the bag if she remembers you.

Well - I just talked to the Leesburg outlet and they credited me with no problem - yippee - also asked them if they had any more Legacy in and they - said - No. Good - I am done buying! Tee Hee - yeah right - just wish I could have snagged an all leather Gigi for peanuts.....

I am usually a person who goes all nuts when wronged but I followed all of your advice and was polite and patient and it paid off. No more going off half cocked...

Now if I could figure out how to post pics and reduce my pixels....