Double charged at outlet - upset

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Now I am looking at my receipt and see I got charged double for an expensive item. Has this happend to anyone before. When they open I will call them. Do you think they will give me hard time? I am so upset.

:faint: OMG! I'd be floored! I'm so sorry that happened to you! That totally sux! :tdown: I hope you can get that corrected ASAP.

If they give you a hard time, you better ask to speak to the manager and insist because it's your money and you've been wronged! :rant:

Good luck and I hope you get your money back quick and easy.

Take care,

Call and ask for a manager, don't bother with a SA first.
Try not to be emotional...just state the facts as clearly as possible.
I'm sure they'll make it right for you.
They know the stock...they'll have remembered that you purchased 1, not 2, of said item.

I am sure they will rectify the situation immediately. I have had this happen once or twice before at other stores. It is a simple SA error and I really can't imagine them giving you a hard time about it.

What was the item?
Was it something they only had a 1 or a few of?
I think you'll be fine.

Did you pay via credit card?
You can always contest the charge with that company if so.

I know it's upsetting, but try to calm down.

eeek! call, call, call!!!! i agree to be nice and calm. worst case scenario...if via credit card you can always threaten to cancel the entire charge to get someone's ears to perk up and make them realize you are the one with a lot more power if the situation gets ugly!!!! good luck and fill us in!

I'm sure it won't be a problem. I vaguely remember this happening to someone else here a while back. Try not to freak out, you have a lot of recourse. Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Actually, you're very lucky you paid with a credit card. You can do, worst case scenario, a chargeback. Just notify your c/c company immed if you have any type of difficulty with store and their response, and they will initiate a chargeback investigation etc. Paying cash, you'd be pretty much at the mercy of the store but you're alot safer the way you paid. I'm hope you get it resolved easily and with no hassle!

Sorry this happened to you. I would call them immediately. If you remember the SA's name that helped you remember to tell them. Hopefully she will remember that you purchased one... not two items. That's the reason I always check my receipt everytime I leave a store. I have had a similar situation happen to me and now I double check every time to make sure the prices are right or that i didn't get double charged again. Hope everything works out for you.

Call them. Last time I was at the Outlet, I didn't receive 20% off an item like I was supposed to. Unfortunately, I have to wait until I go back there to rectify the problem because I made a return, bought something else and paid the difference in cash. But if I had used my credit card she would have been able to fix it then. They took my information down in some book for when I go back in.