Dooney Product Care Information

Just wanted to post the link to the Product Care and Cleaning info on dooney.com. I know many have been wondering how to care for your Dooneys and the answer is simple: you don't need to.

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=48681&sitex=10020:22372:US

Dooney specifies that their products do not require creams, polishes or leather conditioning products to maintain its beauty.

This includes the florentine leather.

For the light, 'naked' vachetta trim leather:
'Vacchetta Leather
The pale tan Vacchetta Leather used in Dooney & Bourke merchandise is untreated. This "naked" leather will naturally darken over time with use and exposure to light. Vacchetta Leather requires no creams, polishes or cleansers to maintain its beauty.'

From personal experience, I have never used any treatment products on my Dooneys.

The info on their site is great and you can view the care information by collection so you know exactly how to care for each type of leather. They even have care info posted for discontinued collections.

I own several Dooney bags, and I always condition them. The Florentine leather is beautiful and with conditioner, it removes any scratches you may get almost immediately. Here is the catch... I only use Apple brand. This brand will not stain the leather and can be used on natural Florentine leather without ruining the beautiful leather. I also discovered the Apple rain and
I spray my bags with Apple rain and stain to prevent water stains but have yet to condition any of them. If they start to look dry I will. I paid way too much money to have them get ruined by a little water or cracking from dryness.

I believe Apple brand conditioner is the best to use on Dooney bags. It won't stain, and it makes the leather look gorgeous including the Florentine leather even the natural. I wouldn't be afraid to condition your bags if you use Apple. Leather experts say all leather will eventually dry out, so the conditioner keeps the bags soft and supple. I also use the Apple rain to waterproof them. I just began using it, but it works great. You cannot even tell you have it on the bags.