Don't know if I have asked this Birkin before

^ Some people can pull it off beautifully but I find it much too HEAVY for everyday. The 35cm in something like Togo is my absolute limit size and weight-wise. I'd really consider the 35cm if you can.

But, you're tall, so the 40cm is an option. Again, be most careful with weight. Even not stuffed, the 40cm is quite a load on your arm...:yes:

since you're almost 5'9", the 40 would look great on you. the problem is, it will potentially accummulate a lot of stuff that will otherwise make it very heavy. i have a friend who's 5'4" tall and carries the 40 birkin all the time. it's absolutely fine on her. great for travelling!

I'm 5' 6", and I like big bags, too. I've tried a few 35 Birkins lately, and don't find them too big for me at all...in fact, I could go 40, but the weight may bother me. Since you have another 2.5 inches on me, and like big bags, too, I reckon you would love a 40! Can you go to a store and try some on? This is the only way I have discovered a 30cm is too small for me, otherwise I was considering this size, and may have ordered on online only to regret it later.....