Don't get me wrong, but Speedy DE is NOT a carefree bag!!!

I hope they help you with this. I looked at the photos again the the peeling is in an odd area. Meaning if it was scraped it seems that area would be hard to do..isn't usually the bottom corners are the ones that scrape?

I agree with deb68nc, this isn't an area where I'd normally expect to see scrapes from normal usage, and if there was a scrape here I'd think the surrounding canvas would look scraped too but it doesn't.

OP, I hope LV can resolve this to your satisfaction. I have two DE bags and each one has a small amount of rubbing on the corner piping (likely from the bag bumping into something or scaping something), but NOTHING like this!

I bought my Speedy 30B DE on May 31st, I used it for about 5 times since I bought it cos I have other bags to wear, and today I found the piping of the bag start to chip!!!! I can't even remember how I got them.

This is so upsetting, I've been so careful with my bag! It's a MIF bag, I was so happy with the purchase but now I regret.

View attachment 2723160View attachment 2723161View attachment 2723162

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Oh noooo, so sorry to hear, Nanciii :sad: That's terrible! Could this be the melting glazing issue I've heard some Lumineuse owners were having? I hope LV will resolve it for you. Hugs.

So the SA came back, she told me she can offer free repair, (which is $270 to change the whole piping) and that will be 4-6 weeks.

I asked her what other options do I have, she told me she can exchange my bag, and she's only able to exchange my bag one time. So if I have problem with this new bag, she can only offer repair, that's fair enough.

But I'm kinda lost confident with DE print (I've been really careful with my bag), I asked the SA if I can exchange to another print, she said yes. She also told me the Speedy 30B is a very popular style so the store is currently out of stock (all three print) I will have to come back to exchange my bag.

Last edited:
I would go to the LV boutique if I were you, this is NOT ok. I have a speedy DE and it's in perfect condition (I bought it about 15 months ago). May I ask how is the weather in your area?
I am so sorry this happened to you.

But I'm kinda lost confident with DE print (I've been really careful with my bag), I asked the SA if I can exchange to another print, she said yes. She also told me the Speedy 30B is a very popular print so the store is currently out of stock (all three print) I will have to come back to exchange my bag.

I'm glad they'll exchange the bag for you..I'm sorry though, that they're out of stock :sad: is there another LV in your area you can check? Or are you getting something else? The speedy de is so pretty...

I bought my Speedy 30B DE on May 31st, I used it for about 5 times since I bought it cos I have other bags to wear, and today I found the piping of the bag start to chip!!!! I can't even remember how I got them.

This is so upsetting, I've been so careful with my bag! It's a MIF bag, I was so happy with the purchase but now I regret.

View attachment 2723160View attachment 2723161View attachment 2723162

My beloved Made in France trevi pm is wearing on bottom corner edges piping and this bag is babied ;( I have to agree with you. I am sad for both of us.

But I'm kinda lost confident with DE print (I've been really careful with my bag), I asked the SA if I can exchange to another print, she said yes. She also told me the Speedy 30B is a very popular style so the store is currently out of stock (all three print) I will have to come back to exchange my bag.

Does this mean you won't get another DE? It's such a beautiful bag. I would give it another shot! :smile:

I would go to the LV boutique if I were you, this is NOT ok. I have a speedy DE and it's in perfect condition (I bought it about 15 months ago). May I ask how is the weather in your area?

I am so sorry this happened to you.

I live in Toronto, I stored my bag in the dust bag in my closet most of the time, I haven't been using this bag much. It's kinda humid in my condo, but nothing extreme.

I'm glad they'll exchange the bag for you..I'm sorry though, that they're out of stock :sad: is there another LV in your area you can check? Or are you getting something else? The speedy de is so pretty...

Yeah, there's a LV boutique in DT, and it's about 15 mins away from work (really convenient) but this store I went to ordered new bags for me, they are ready to pick up before Friday, they will call me.

I may change to another print, I just bought the regular Speedy 30 mono last Sunday (I hot stamped it already for my Bday), so I may change to DA.

I dunno, what should I do? DE or DA?