Dolly Parton - More is More

Jan 23, 2006
Dolly Parton says she's "completed devastated" after her speaking voice was heavily edited and electronically manipulated in a comedy bit featured on Howard Stern's radio show. The segment, which features racist and sexually-explicit language, includes references to Kenny Rogers, Burt Reynolds, Linda Ronstadt and the late Johnny Carson. It first aired May 6 during Stern's show on Sirius Satellite Radio, a service that is available only by paid subscription, but gained a wider audience after the audio appeared on various Web sites. In a written statement issued Wednesday (May 14), Parton said, "I have never been so shocked, hurt and humiliated in all my life. I cannot believe what Howard Stern has done to me. In a blue million years, I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth. They have done editing or some sort of trickery to make this horrible, horrible thing. Please accept my apology for them and certainly know I had nothing to do with this. If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it's going to be over this. Just wanted you to know that I am completely devastated by this."

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1587500/dolly-parton-upset-over-howard-stern-audio.jhtml

Howard Stern is trash. I feel bad for Dolly. She seems to sweet and genuine. Why he chooses to pick on certain people I will never know. Shame on him.

Ok, I am gonna say it: DOLLY PARTON IS SACRED. She is a legend and an icon. Not to mention (believe it or not) that she is one of the most talented and successful female songwriters in music history. SHAME ON HOWARD STERN, there are some things in American culture you just don't mess with- and Dolly is one of them!!

Howard Stern is a whore. Some people call him a media whore, but the fact is that he will sell ANYTHING or anyone (including himself) if he thinks it will get him ratings. It doesn't matter how degrading or damaging or false it might be because he has abolutely no boundaries. The only good part of this is that everyone knows that if it came from Howard Stern it is trash. All the same, it would do him some good to be sued and lose.

Howard Stern is a whore. Some people call him a media whore, but the fact is that he will sell ANYTHING or anyone (including himself) if he thinks it will get him ratings. It doesn't matter how degrading or damaging or false it might be because he has abolutely no boundaries. The only good part of this is that everyone knows that if it came from Howard Stern it is trash. All the same, it would do him some good to be sued and lose.
ITA - Howard has enough millions for a no talent jerk - leave the talented and decent performers alone!. I hope she sues!!

ITA - Howard has enough millions for a no talent jerk - leave the talented and decent performers alone!. I hope she sues!!
ITA with you & Haute.he's really disgusting.Im so sick of people like him getting away with stuff like this..i guess he doesnt though..maybe thats way he's in therapy 4x's a week..

Ok, I am gonna say it: DOLLY PARTON IS SACRED. She is a legend and an icon. Not to mention (believe it or not) that she is one of the most talented and successful female songwriters in music history. SHAME ON HOWARD STERN, there are some things in American culture you just don't mess with- and Dolly is one of them!!
ITA! Howard Stern is an a$$, and I hope she sues the crap out of him, and wins. I've never heard her say a negative word about anyone, and I admire how far she's come after having so little growing up.

x2

grrrrrrrrr