Dogs allowed in some outlet stores!

boomie

Dogs Rule
Nov 24, 2008
I was shopping at Prime Outlets in Williamsburg and was happy to see a list of about 20 pet-friendly stores. With it being 95 degrees out, I was happy to see that! A lot of people travel with their critters and to leave them in the car is not an option. I saw 2 little guys, a pom and a shih tzu in Aeropostale alone. My pup is too unruly and barks when he gets bored and likes to mark stuff (he's a pain in the butt at PetSmart) so I wouldn't take him, but I thought it was a great idea.

There was a controversial thread in the general forum about dogs in purse stores, well, stores in general. So many people were against it. I'm all for it if the dog is well-bahaved, and I think it's awesome pets are treated like gold in Europe.

That is so nice to hear. The area we live in is known as a very dog-friendly area and pretty much all of the stores in the neighbourhood let well-behaved dogs come in - except for those selling or serving food (unless it is a pet store - then dogs are obviously welcome). Our eldest male is a bit of a marker so he only gets to come in when under REALLY strict supervision, though. The others are very well behaved - they might leave a nose print on something but otherwise they are much better coming in than being tied outside and then making a fuss and barking there.

I remember the thread you mentioned. I would love to see dogs allowed in more stores. It could only work if people have the common sense to just bring well-behaved, housebroken dogs.

Quite frankly, it would be a nice break from watching shrieking kids running up and down the aisles while their parents pretend they don't notice.

I love when people bring their WELL BEHAVED dogs shopping with them. I take mine with me EVERYWHERE. I have never had anyone say anything to me about it. THey are very well known in all the places I shop. On Saturday at the TPF meet. We were in Gucci. The first thing the SA said to me is where are your babies? I pointed over to the other side of the store to thier stroller. Going to the Beverly Center in a few minutes to meet a tpf friend and my dogs are coming with me.

I remember the thread you mentioned. I would love to see dogs allowed in more stores. It could only work if people have the common sense to just bring well-behaved, housebroken dogs.

Quite frankly, it would be a nice break from watching shrieking kids running up and down the aisles while their parents pretend they don't notice.

Amen, lol!

The Prime Outlets in Ellenton, FL are very dog friendly too! A lot of the stores have a paw-print sticker on their windows meaning you can bring you dogs in.

All around the mall are little drinking fountains and "poopy bag" stations.
It's really cute :smile:

I love taking my dogs shopping with me!!!

yup....

and i remember that thread too...it was somewhat frustrating to read :x

The Prime Outlets in Ellenton, FL are very dog friendly too! A lot of the stores have a paw-print sticker on their windows meaning you can bring you dogs in.

All around the mall are little drinking fountains and "poopy bag" stations.
It's really cute :smile:

I love taking my dogs shopping with me!!!

:tup:I wish my outlets are that dog friendly. I am also in agreement that I would much rather prefer a well behaved dog in a store, than a bratty kid having a tantrum.

The only outlet store that I have taken my dogs into is Coach. No one has ever said anything against it while I was in there, actually quite the contrary the SA's start gushing over my dogs coming up to pet them. In the end I usually end up buying two dog collars with the matching leashes. One time when I was in the gap outlet a family brought their dog in, and were told they weren't supposed to have a dog in the store.

I have also taken my dogs into LUSH (stand alone store, not in the mall), they even had treats for them.

I couldn't agree more. :tup:

Here you can usually bring your dog to stores but not grocery stores (which I totally understand. I would never take my dog there.). Some stores don't allow dogs and that's fine with me, too.

wow, that's great! I'm actually going to that outlet (Williamsburg) next weekend, but my doggies are staying home with my parents. I'm really glad that some outlets are making changes to protect dogs, but unfortunately, there are people who will leave their pets in their cars--even in this terrible summer heat. We stopped at Coach in Hagerstown last January--it was FREEZING. we were on our way to West VA, so it was just a quick stop, but we didn't want to leave my mom's Chihuahuas in her car because it was so cold (even though they had sweaters on), so we carried them into Coach and my mom held them at the very front of the store--the SA's weren't happy (I heard them complaining about 'some woman with her dogs') but they didn't say anything to us and I felt better knowing the doggies weren't shivering in the car. IMO, even if an outlet isn't dog friendly, I'd take my dogs with me instead of leaving them in the car--or just not stop if I knew I couldn't take them in. I even left my fiance in the car once with the dogs so I could run into the Coach outlet--I just don't think it's a good idea to leave them in the car alone. I wouldn't walk into a food store with my dogs, but I don't see any problem carrying a dog into a clothing store--and we are know our dogs and know they wouldn't do anything 'bad'.
QueenNadine--the FL outlet you go to sounds fantastic!! VERY dog friendly!