Dog. Escaped. With. Tohu Shawl........

Oh dear! Those beloved pesky animals of ours! I'm so sorry this happened but sometimes with a gentle wash (as Cobalty says) and perhaps even a little gentle finger manipulation at the punctures, you might actually get the shawl semi-back to where it used to be. As with everything, GENTLE is the word of the day. No tugging or rubbing.

Oh man. My little monster ate the corner of a birkin. I truly feel for you. (And he and I also had a little meeting of the minds about mommy's bags, lol)

CB and S'Mom gave good advice. It's not hard to gently wash and press a cashmere/silk shawl. If there are no tears and no pulls, it may be possible to return it to pre-chewed condition. If the idea completely unnerves you, then the other option is to call your store and see who they recommend for reweaving. Usually H and LP stores have access to really great reweavers for when clients have cashmere catastrophes.

And as an aside, I have to say I agree with IL. Life with an animal can sometimes be messy, but without my dogs life would be pretty arid, flat, and sterile. The corner of a birkin is nothing in the greater scheme of things.

Well, if there are no holes or tears, I guess you now know that your "hunting dog" has the requisite "soft mouth"!!!! Heck of a way to discover it, though!

Poor guy - he just didn't know any better....

I am sorry that this happened to you. I can totally relate to this. Last week I was busy preparing what clothes to bring with us during our upcoming vacation and had put one of the cashmere GM shawls on the bed. Morris (one of our cats) was curious of what I was doing and jumped up on the shawl and got stuck in it with one of his claws and it resulted in a huge snag. He for sure didn't do it on purpose but I learned my lesson- going forward I won't accept any "help" from the cats when packing.