Does your vet do anything special for your pets for the holidays?

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
I was recently invited to a holiday reception at the vet that came and did a home visit for dotcom. On it they said it was a time to reflect on those pets we had lost during the year and that they made an ornament for each one.

This isn't my regular vet and I only had the one appointment with them but I thought I would go and check it out. Especially if there was a ornament for dotcom waiting!

They had some treats and had little goodies to give to owners for their cats and dogs. I was asking some questions of one of the staff and she let me choose a cat toy for my cats. I made the comment that they were have to fight over them and she asked me how many I had and then she let me take one for each cat :smile:

Then they had a room set up with a tree full of ornaments they made for each pet client of theirs that had passed during the year.
I honestly wasn't expecting anything since they had only seen dotcom once and he wasn't even put to sleep by them since it happened on a sunday. But they had an ornament for him!

I just thought it was a great thing to do for their customers, even if they don't have a real close relationship with them. I'm 99% sure I will be switching my other cats to go to them from now on. I am just so impressed by their customer service in the 1-2 times I've had interaction with them.

So I was just wondering if anyone else had a great vet that did something special like this for their clients?

My vet I usually go to I've been with since 2006 and as far as I know they don't do anything like this.

that sounds absolutely amazing iluv. what a great vet. i would go back to them too.

i don't think any of the vets i've seen do anything. i wish they did.

That sounds really lovely.
At my vet they only decorate the waiting room and play christmas music as far as I know. There's a doggy boutique in my town that does a holiday party for you to bring your dogs to though.

Our vet didn't do anything special for our pets, but he used to give us a bottle of red wine every year...and we'd give him a bottle of red wine too. We both loved visiting wineries, and we'd often end up talking about where we were going next or recommend places to each other. We have since moved and unfortunately, he's no longer our vet. We got a Xmas card from him in the mail today, which was wonderful. I'll have to send him one too because I miss him.

Necromancer said:
Our vet didn't do anything special for our pets, but he used to give us a bottle of red wine every year...and we'd give him a bottle of red wine too. We both loved visiting wineries, and we'd often end up talking about where we were going next or recommend places to each other. We have since moved and unfortunately, he's no longer our vet. We got a Xmas card from him in the mail today, which was wonderful. I'll have to send him one too because I miss him.

Totally sweet!