Does your man 'get' your love for shoes and handbags?

redandgreen

Jun 23, 2008
he pretends to have an interest when i constantly show him pictures of shoes i need. but sometimes he lacks interest and today he said TBH 90% of shoes all look the same to me and only 10% are different and hot.

so i said which of my shoes to you come under the ten percent. and he was like. 'errrrm...remind me of your shoes again.' so i went through a bunch of them. and then he said 'not to keen on any of them but i like those yellow flat plastic numbers' (some flat plastic jelly type open toe things that i got for like 10 pounds just to wear with my red skinny jeans but didnt wear again as theyre painful and sweaty. tbh they are quite good ocnsidering theyre jelly shoes but still!!

It's a guy thing. The best I can get out of my husband when it comes to shoes is "they are alright" Thats the highest compliment a shoe will get from him. He doesn't say all my shoes look the same but he's just not interested in them. He says that in order for him to really judge the shoes (whether they are pretty or not) he actually has to see them on. Time and time again he tells me I need to stop buying expensive shoes but then he agrees they look the best :roflmfao:

So, my advice is, stop showing him pictures because they are just not interested unless you are wearing nothing but the shoes! :graucho: Think about it, would you be interested looking at power tools or other boy stuff? It all looks the same to me!

June

Last edited:
a yeah thats true.

i had a go at him about the yellow jelly shoes and his response was 'do you know what...even though my computer keeps crashing whenever i click on one of these links to a picture of shoes - i keep on clicking on them anyway'

then i shut up lol

My boyfriend loves them...It's just DH that could care less...

:roflmfao: Stop it! I'm joking.

:roflmfao:

My DH is a shoe guy, he's my #1 fan and enabler when it comes to buying shoes. He calls cheaper shoes "those plastic-y shoes" and can totally tell the difference in quality and design. I guess it just depends on the guy, but I wouldn't want to generalize and say all men are not interested because some are :smile:

My husband notices these things, but he's not obsessed with shoes like some men. (he's not a foot fetishist or anything). Mostly he just likes my legs and some shoes do great things for them.

But he does occasionally comment when he doesn't like my shoes. He'll tell me they look uncomfortable.

Purly, my husband is not opinionated about the shoes he likes but he is VERY opinionated about the ones he doesn't. Animal prints are huge no no for him. He's totally against me wearing them because he has preconceived ideas about the type of women who wear them (he's British). It's nothing questionable, he just doesn't they are age appropriate. Anyhow, he does like what high heels do to my legs (apparently he likes my legs too lol) but is not so concerned with the shoes themselves.

My husband loves my shoes. A few of them I bought for him. Not for him to wear, but for him to enjoy on me!

He only hates their prices. ;)

Purly, my husband is not opinionated about the shoes he likes but he is VERY opinionated about the ones he doesn't. Animal prints are huge no no for him. He's totally against me wearing them because he has preconceived ideas about the type of women who wear them (he's British). It's nothing questionable, he just doesn't they are age appropriate. Anyhow, he does like what high heels do to my legs (apparently he likes my legs too lol) but is not so concerned with the shoes themselves.

Yeah, see I think it's easier for men to express what they dislike. It's sort of a faux pas for men to say they like a pair of shoes. But they can "lust after you" in them -- that's ok. I like to line up a few pair of shoes and stand in front of him and ask him which one is best for the day. That sort of thing gives actual feedback.

actually, I do know guy (straight) friends who have opinions on good shoes. One friend in particular is very fond of good quality designer shoes since he believes they are just made better and hence more comfortable. This is especially important since heels are naturally already not very comfy. Its important for them to be made well or they would cause a lot pain