Does this 2006 Lilac need restoration??

MGNDTH9

May 3, 2008
I'm debating on sending this off to LMB for professional color restoration. I know it needs a cleaning, but OUCH the prices for color restoration were high.

Do you think it needs it yet? Does this fading look bad?

I'm asking opinions, since I usally get rid of mine before they are totally broken in-this was a recent purchase used.

TIA

Attachments

• Picture 367.jpg
    Picture 367.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 433.jpg
    Picture 433.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 107
I agree with brunettetiger,- imo, she's not in need of color correction and if you plan on sending her of to LMB, handle cleaning and overall cleaning really does the job. I personally love bags where you can see that the body of the bag is really much broken in but that equals dark handles on those light colored bags,- but clean handles and a broken in body? That is just hot:police:

Wow, she looks so gorgeous in the photos!! Do you feel like she looks a lot more faded IRL? If the photos are accurate, I would say definitely leave her just the way she is :yes:!!

Wow, she looks so gorgeous in the photos!! Do you feel like she looks a lot more faded IRL? If the photos are accurate, I would say definitely leave her just the way she is :yes:!!

Thanks! Yes, she's a little more faded IRL, but I think I can live with that now.

I've added photos comparing her to my new Lilac City (new one is on bottom)

Attachments

• Picture 406.jpg
    Picture 406.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 114
ITA! It looks gorgeous to me :drool:. Plus, I don't really like the way bbags look after they've been dyed. The color is never exactly like the original, and the color always looks very flat :sad:

Thanks for the info erica1451, I read the thread about LMB products & experiences and everyone seemed happy, but I guess you never really know how it will turn out until the bag comes back.

Is there anything I could do to perserve the color that's left?

I don't know how you can keep colors from fading, but I think the bag is simply gorgeous! I would try to have the handles cleaned, if possible, only because that would be my personal preference. But the bag is really reaally nice the way it is :tup: