does things like this happen often?

tatsu_k

Nov 17, 2010
So i watched this show on bravo called fashion hunters and in one episode they showed lady trying gorg vintage black sequin Valentina (not Valentino) dress. the price tag was around 6,000 or so. I liked i t so much so i tried my luck on ebay and i found exact same dress (only w/o sleeves) for BIN $150. I was very happy but there was not enough photos and in one photo i saw wear on buttons etc, true vintage condition. So i emailed the seller said how i liked the dress and asked for detailed condition. Just wanted to know was it wearable at that point.
Next thing you know, the dress was off auction (like a day or two after the question sent). So i was upset thinking someone bought it... oh well.. But today i decided to search again and found this same dress from same seller but only now for BIN $1750..
What would make seller decided to went so up high in price (over 10 times). Would you think that a mistake? I guess that dress and me was not meant to be for that much..
Something like that ever happen to you?:shrugs:

I guess the seller received several inquiries and thought it's a great oppotunity to get more money!:wlae: I had the same experience. Not like yours over 10 times. Right after I asked questions about an item, a seller raised BIN price $200 more. Thank you very much!

The seller may have realized that the dress was more valuable than the price she had it
originally listed for... she may have also watched Fashion Hunters and saw what you saw..
there will be another dress that you will like....

maybe no one will buy it and the seller will lower the price?
I once saw a bag I wanted but not enough to spend $200 on it. After no bids the seller lowered it to $150 but still no takers. It was eventually relisted at $100 which I bid on and won, I took a chance I know but I figured if not that one, than maybe another one would come along!

hotshot said:
^ that is always a possibility.... and you never know... would perhaps think about contacting

the seller & making an offer.... you never know

I agree with hotshot on perhaps contacting the seller and making an offer, especially if you see there are no other bids. can't hurt and the most the seller would do is say no.

I wouldn't contact that seller again if s/he didn't take the time to respond to my first message, asking about the condition of the dress. No thank you. I'll take my hard earned money elsewhere.

mizsunshyne
ur right, i think if the seller does not have time to reply to a person, why to deal with him/her anyway? the reason for this thread was not because i was so upset i ddnt get the dress. i was upset with seller's behavior... I doesnt make a seller a bad person, it just makes go : meh... next..
I hope im gonna find same dress, will keep searching :smile:

You know, the first thing that popped into my head is that she meant to list it at $1750 but mis-typed the number and didn't realize it until you messaged her. Because if she just wanted to get extra money out of interested buyers, I would think she would set her sights lower, say maybe $500 or something. The fact that $150 is one digit away from $1750 also supports this. I'm surprised no one snapped it up at the $150 price though!