Does the replica Bbag bother you?

Dearest girl

Louis Vuitton•Chanel• Balenciaga
Oct 5, 2012
Today I went out for a short shopping trip, and while I was at the till paying for my bills then I spotted a Fake Black city GGH. I'm pretty sure it is a fake bag. However if you don't notice it you may not know. The reason I'm sure it is a replica was because no distressed or buttery soft leather as Bbags should have. In opposite, the bag looked quite stiff.

I personally don't like people who "know" and "intend to " buy the replicas. I just believe that people should use whatever brands they can afford. I am not talking about those who use the counterfeit bbag who don't really know it is a replica just simply because they don't know the brand.We can't really blame them in this case because it is the fault of the manufacturer of the replica bags.

I still remember well when I was 23 and using my first designer bag which is LV totally. Then a prof came to check on my bag and said to me "twice "if my bag was real. He even said " may be real " after I answered him it is real. He told me because there are too many fake LV bags. Needless to say I was totally upset lol.

Do you ladies feel anything regarding the replica bbags?

Last edited:
Not particularly. Live and let live! It doesn't bother me that people buy fakes-- to each their own. My bbags are still beautiful :smile:

As for the professor who asked you multiple times if your bag is real- so weird! Why would he care?

Honestly I love bbags because they are a bit understated. I would rather have people not know how much I spent on my handbag, because I know I'm more fortunate than many other people in terms of my financial situation. And I don't want to "scream" that in other people's faces through my bags or what I wear.

People can buy what they want, and understand that some just can't afford the 'real' thing. What irks me is when people knowingly try to pass it off as the 'real' thing, especially to unsuspecting or uneducated buyers.

However, all that being said .. isn't is a crime to create/sell replica bags to begin with??

I'm with CeeJay in that what irks me is when sellers try to pass off fakes as authentic, and scam people. That's unforgivable to me, personally, since I know how hard many people work for their money. Other than the sellers though - the buyers who actually KNOW they are buying knock-offs, yet tell the people around them that what they're carrying is real. I mean, if you were genuinely duped and sincerely think you are carrying the real deal (when you are not), I would feel sympathy for you. But if you know, and want to fool people around you? That's just odd, and frankly, annoying.

Speaking of replica, I saw these on Amazon... Not sure if they're going to be all about it being designer "inspired"... Also, not sure if these are considered illegal, if they have no sign anywhere that says Bal (I can't tell about the interiors though, the tag inside might say Bal). ETA - Bal sued Steve Madden for less copying than this, but then again, this is a no name manufacturer...

http://www.amazon.com/Bagroo-Genuin...403976752&sr=8-1&keywords=balenciaga+handbags

Personally, I wouldn't feel right buying a replica, the original designer/brand should be compensated for their work. That's just how I see it. When I buy a print to hang on my wall, it's not the original, but it has been licensed and hopefully the foundation which represents the artist will be receiving the money I spent. I don't buy "new" books out of trunks of cars either, as many of those have been counterfeited or stolen. I see fashion design as an art (and I do understand the business aspect as well ;) ), this colors my opinion.

Speaking of replica, I saw these on Amazon... Not sure if they're going to be all about it being designer "inspired"... Also, not sure if these are considered illegal, if they have no sign anywhere that says Bal (I can't tell about the interiors though, the tag inside might say Bal). ETA - Bal sued Steve Madden for less copying than this, but then again, this is a no name manufacturer...

http://www.amazon.com/Bagroo-Genuin...403976752&sr=8-1&keywords=balenciaga+handbags

Maice, one of these keeps popping up on Ebay.

The premiere design houses have spent many years coming up with designs and choosing the right materials. They have invested the time and money and are therefore owed the returns on that investment.
Anyone who creates and/or buys a replica is for all intensive purposes stealing from the original designer. Now of course, those who unknowingly purchase replicas are not at fault. The replica business is criminal.
I do take issue with people carrying replicas knowingly. Not only because they are stealing from the original designer and supporting criminals but because they are trying to fool people into thinking they own something that they don't. I would never judge someone because they couldn't afford to carry a particular bag but that doesn't apply to people who are trying to fool someone into thinking a fake is the real thing.
I guess this sounds kind of angry, huh??? :rant:

The premiere design houses have spent many years coming up with designs and choosing the right materials. They have invested the time and money and are therefore owed the returns on that investment.
Anyone who creates and/or buys a replica is for all intensive purposes stealing from the original designer. Now of course, those who unknowingly purchase replicas are not at fault. The replica business is criminal.
I do take issue with people carrying replicas knowingly. Not only because they are stealing from the original designer and supporting criminals but because they are trying to fool people into thinking they own something that they don't. I would never judge someone because they couldn't afford to carry a particular bag but that doesn't apply to people who are trying to fool someone into thinking a fake is the real thing.

Agree completely. I even think being angry is appropriate. It is stealing.

Agree completely. I even think being angry is appropriate. It is stealing.

Very well said, Inw. ITA with everything you wrote! :tup:

+10 :P

One more thing that makes me feel annoyed is that I am always content to see people carrying BBags because I like to look at their bags. I have a short sighted eyes so at the far distance I can see unclear people carrying bbag , and I'm so thrilled to check on their bags for what colours and leathers they have. However , when I walked near them it turned out to be a replica. I feel such a turn off. :sad:
If you ladies check on YouTube , you will see that there is a person selling the fake bbags including others brands. What shocks me is that "she" sells it very obvious.