Does the new leather look better?

zestypasta

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Someone mentioned the the new leather looks better in the pics for BalNY posted today. I have never seen an older bag in person, and in the pics, the leather kinda looks the same to me, especially that blue bag with the giant "nipple" hardware in the first pic.

Not "marshmallow" leather like 05:heart:, which I was hoping for.

Do you all think the pics show a definite improvement in the leather for '07?

:yes: I had not seen any 06's in person, but I never liked the veiny appearance and I heard it was stiffer and thinner as well. I only purchased my first bal bag in August so I am not an expert by any means. I do however have 4 05 bags and I LOVE the leather! I bought an 06 Rouge Vif City from Barney's Beverly Hills for a pf friend in Australia. The leather was suprisingly beautiful, with no veins, and smooth, moderately thick leather. From the pictures powderpuff posted the leather looks better to me than 06 leather. She also said Daphne (the one who took the photos for pp)had mentioned the leather in person looked better than 06 leather. But it all comes down to a matter of personal opinion, as many love 06 leather!
;)

Someone mentioned the the new leather looks better in the pics for BalNY posted today. I have never seen an older bag in person, and in the pics, the leather kinda looks the same to me, especially that blue bag with the giant "nipple" hardware in the first pic.

Not "marshmallow" leather like 05:heart:, which I was hoping for.

Do you all think the pics show a definite improvement in the leather for '07?

"nipple" hardware:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: you are so right...they do look like nipples. Now I don't think I can get one of those bbag without thinking what they remind me of.

I can't take credit for the accurate hardware description, that was coined by another member, but boy was it on the money! The ridges on the sides really aid in the comparison:graucho:

Deana- you have 4 05's, I am so jealous. I just want one. I am thinking I should get a VIF since everyone seems to agrre for '06, it was pretty good.

I can't take credit for the accurate hardware description, that was coined by another member, but boy was it on the money! The ridges on the sides really aid in the comparison:graucho:

Deana- you have 4 05's, I am so jealous. I just want one. I am thinking I should get a VIF since everyone seems to agrre for '06, it was pretty good.

:shame:
Yaw shucks, thank you! I was happily surprised with the rouge's leather, and I think it would be a great choice. I have lots of pictures I took of the city to send to Bev before I shipped the bag to her, so if you would like to see a passle of them just let me know. I will be down to 3 bags soon as I am letting my Teal bag go. She's a beauty but I prefer the really vibrant colors. Here is a family photo.

Ps...I have thought of golden nipples since I first caught a glimpse of that hardware. No offense to anyone who likes it, but I just don't get it. It is so gawdy!! I prefer the focus be on the lucious leather and the pretty colors of b-bags!!!
;)

IMG_4919.jpg

Deana stop posting pics of that bubblegum. You are driving me crazy!!! :drool:
:roflmfao:
LOL!!! I'm sorry pp! Pay me back, and let's see that Eggplant beauty one more time!!! The only thing she is missing is these incredible braided tassles and charms I've seen around! We've gotta find the gal makin them and get you one for that incredible bag of yours!!!
;)