Does the nano luggage lose shape fast?

ashy2911

May 3, 2019
Hey everyone,

I bought a Céline nano luggage in souris last week but I exchanged it for another one a couple of days ago. This was because the face of the bag didn’t line up completely straight with the back of the bag so it appeared a bit crooked (it was quite minor but purchasing this bag is a big deal to me so I am being quite a perfectionist). However, I can tell from the code inside the bag I have now that this one was made almost a year before (January 2017) the one I had initially had (December 2017) and this is evident in how much softer the leather is. In addition there is a slight error with the stitching in one spot. My question is therefore: how quickly does the nano become soft? And how common is it for Céline bags to have little imperfections such as the crookedness and stitching I mentioned?

I know I seem crazy but I am almost tempted to ask to exchange back for the other one if they still have it because I really loved how pristine it was in terms of the stiffness (not the crookedness however) and I now find myself feeling a bit attached to the first one I had (since I was so excited when I initially got it and this is a bag I have been wanting for ages). I called the store the other day and they said they only accept exchanges once and I will have to speak to customer service (note this wasn’t an actual Céline stand alone store but it is an approved stockist as per the Céline website)

When they presented the new bag to me I was clearly hesitant (I asked if they had any others but didn’t really get a clear answer) but I took it since I felt pressure due to them all standing around me and felt embarrassed to appear too fussy. As soon as I got home I felt unsure about whether I should’ve just kept the first one.

Do you think it’s even worth trying to get customer service to allow me to switch back (I know this may seem strange) or should I just keep this new one knowing it will soften up eventually anyway? It’s not like I am trying to exchange again for another product all together, i would be after the same one I had initially or another one if they have more.

Thanks in advance and I apologise for my fussiness and indecisiveness.

The photo I have attached is of the first one I got - the crookedness is along the top.

Attachments

• 44CAEDEF-3D99-4E6D-A155-33208A131825.png
    44CAEDEF-3D99-4E6D-A155-33208A131825.png
    423.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I bought a Céline nano luggage in souris last week but I exchanged it for another one a couple of days ago. This was because the face of the bag didn’t line up completely straight with the back of the bag so it appeared a bit crooked (it was quite minor but purchasing this bag is a big deal to me so I am being quite a perfectionist). However, I can tell from the code inside the bag I have now that this one was made almost a year before (January 2017) the one I had initially had (December 2017) and this is evident in how much softer the leather is. In addition there is a slight error with the stitching in one spot. My question is therefore: how quickly does the nano become soft? And how common is it for Céline bags to have little imperfections such as the crookedness and stitching I mentioned?

I know I seem crazy but I am almost tempted to ask to exchange back for the other one if they still have it because I really loved how pristine it was in terms of the stiffness (not the crookedness however) and I now find myself feeling a bit attached to the first one I had (since I was so excited when I initially got it and this is a bag I have been wanting for ages). I called the store the other day and they said they only accept exchanges once and I will have to speak to customer service (note this wasn’t an actual Céline stand alone store but it is an approved stockist as per the Céline website)

When they presented the new bag to me I was clearly hesitant (I asked if they had any others but didn’t really get a clear answer) but I took it since I felt pressure due to them all standing around me and felt embarrassed to appear too fussy. As soon as I got home I felt unsure about whether I should’ve just kept the first one.

Do you think it’s even worth trying to get customer service to allow me to switch back (I know this may seem strange) or should I just keep this new one knowing it will soften up eventually anyway? It’s not like I am trying to exchange again for another product all together, i would be after the same one I had initially or another one if they have more.

Thanks in advance and I apologise for my fussiness and indecisiveness.

The photo I have attached is of the first one I got - the crookedness is along the top.
I don't quite see how it's crooked? Sure the front and back edges may not be parallel but when you carry it (especially using the crossbody strap) it'll sit all manners of slanted anyways. I think the popped stitch is more of a problem.

And don't EVER purchase something you're not comfortable with! The SAs are there to serve you. Don't feel like you have to impress them or that you're being too fussy - if you feel bad, you walk away and they lose the sale. It's in their best interest to have you as a HAPPY customer. Good luck!

I don't quite see how it's crooked? Sure the front and back edges may not be parallel but when you carry it (especially using the crossbody strap) it'll sit all manners of slanted anyways. I think the popped stitch is more of a problem.

And don't EVER purchase something you're not comfortable with! The SAs are there to serve you. Don't feel like you have to impress them or that you're being too fussy - if you feel bad, you walk away and they lose the sale. It's in their best interest to have you as a HAPPY customer. Good luck!

Thanks for replying - yes it is very minor and in hindsight I probably should’ve just kept it. I caved in when I was in the store because it was apparently the last day I could exchange it and I also didn’t notice the stitch issue when I was there so I’m annoyed at myself now considering they most likely won’t let me exchange it again.

Thanks for replying - yes it is very minor and in hindsight I probably should’ve just kept it. I caved in when I was in the store because it was apparently the last day I could exchange it and I also didn’t notice the stitch issue when I was there so I’m annoyed at myself now considering they most likely won’t let me exchange it again.
Well it doesn't hurt to try. I hope it works out for you. I'm not sure about the Celine warranty but maybe they'll fix the stitch for you even if you purchased from a stockist.

Either way you have a beautiful bag. Enjoy it in good health!