Does the Gucci Signature Wallet soften over time?

Hi ladies,

I was looking at the Gucci wallets with the signature leather recently and the one thing that I've noticed is that the leather feels really strange. It felt plasticky and light. I've looked at several other wallets with the same signature leather and they all felt the same to me.

I really like the Guccissima embossing of the leather and was thinking of getting a wallet in that design. I'm just not keen on the texture and feel of the leather and I was wondering if it will soften over time.

I've just attached a picture of the wallet (and leather design) that I had picked up for reference.

I was wondering if any of the tPFers here have any experience with Gucci signature leather. Also, I'd like to know how well it stands up to wear and tear.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 388679_CWC1G_1000_001_100_0000_Light-Bow-Gucci-Signature-continental-wallet.jpg
    388679_CWC1G_1000_001_100_0000_Light-Bow-Gucci-Signature-continental-wallet.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 395
The Guccissima I have feels more like velvet, think and luscious. I think perhaps you should consider a completely different leather if you don't like it.

Stamped leather is made for durability and to hold it's shape. All leather softens but I'd say Guccissima less than most, which is another reason most appreciate it because it looks newer for longer.

I have the guccisimma Emily and I don't baby it that much. It's very durable and holds up well. It has softened slightly but not so much that it will lose its shape.
4ee64b4c439af5a50391a387e634f20e.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using PurseForum mobile app

I have the card case in this leather. I actually like the feel of it, because it ensured I'm not going to destroy it!

One thing to consider, though, it that it wrinkles where you open the flap. I talk about it in my video (start at 1:10 - )

Hi ladies,

I was looking at the Gucci wallets with the signature leather recently and the one thing that I've noticed is that the leather feels really strange. It felt plasticky and light. I've looked at several other wallets with the same signature leather and they all felt the same to me.

I really like the Guccissima embossing of the leather and was thinking of getting a wallet in that design. I'm just not keen on the texture and feel of the leather and I was wondering if it will soften over time.

I've just attached a picture of the wallet (and leather design) that I had picked up for reference.

I was wondering if any of the tPFers here have any experience with Gucci signature leather. Also, I'd like to know how well it stands up to wear and tear.

Thanks!
habe the